Duralast GT brake pads

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my experience Akebono is one of the best, but not in all applications. They have been great in several cars I look after, but were only ok in the volvo and were not acceptable at all in the tundra. In fact I want to say they were FE rated in the truck. I was surprised at how poorly they worked in the tundra-- even with 4-piston calipers. The tundra isn't known for outstanding brakes, and the akebonos made it worse - I swapped them for Hawks after maybe 10,000 miles.

-m

I have the EBC yellows on my Gen Coupe. Great brakes and I can't wear them out. Still on original rotors too at 80k miles. Around +65k miles for the EBCs.

Originally Posted By: meep
In my experience Akebono is one of the best, but not in all applications. They have been great in several cars I look after, but were only ok in the volvo and were not acceptable at all in the tundra. In fact I want to say they were FE rated in the truck. I was surprised at how poorly they worked in the tundra-- even with 4-piston calipers. The tundra isn't known for outstanding brakes, and the akebonos made it worse - I swapped them for Hawks after maybe 10,000 miles.

-m

Well, Toyota is not know for some outstanding brakes. My brother in Europe drives Land Cruiser 3.0 D-4D and when I drive that car I always stay amazed how they manage to put such POS brakes on a car.
Akebono is popular among BMW drivers who do not want dust. However, it affects performance greatly. I always stay amazed that Akebono is supplier of Mercedes F1 team, but when it comes to Euro pads they are at the bottom when it comes to performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back