FF to GG Pads Cause Problems?

Geesh, you guys bringing up old threads, LOL.

Won't ABS and/or traction control adjust for the friction differences between front and back?????

FYI, OP here - I ended up installing EBC Ultimax2 on the fronts and they operate very similar to the OEM Akebonos.

Geesh, you guys bringing up old threads, LOL.

Won't ABS and/or traction control adjust for the friction differences between front and back?????

FYI, OP here - I ended up installing EBC Ultimax2 on the fronts and they operate very similar to the OEM Akebonos.
No, ABS won’t do that. Some vehicles have Electronic Brake Distribution, but that is not what we are talking about. It is initial bite that sometimes is just enough to do a job. That puts more stress on those pads.

Akenonos have been hit or miss for me. They were tepid in my volvo and downright dangerous in the tundra. They were weaker at temp than they were cold. They were Stellar in my wife’s 1gen mdx with raybestos AT rotors. They were afa I could tell, identical to oem in a grand cherokee we had.

i spent some time with hawk pads and generally like them, but the raybestos element3 is where I’m parked for now; have them on the truck and the Lexus and enjoy them in both.

Back