Driveway sealer and repair that is great? Stuff in stores now is crap! It cracks, etc. no elasticity! Bought In 2019

We just repaired two very long asphalt driveways. Had a large crew with 4 large commercial flatbeds and 5 smaller trucks, excavator, asphalt laying machine, cutting blades, water jets, the full works. It took almost 5 hours and they created a new rock foundation and then placed several inches thick layer of asphalt, city road grade.

The owner of the company advised as follows: Do not seal for at least 90 days. If you seal later and decide to use big box stores materials, get a 50 lb bag of silica sand and mix with at least 10 or 15 gallons or two / three buckets into a thick consistency.

Reactions: JTK
God only knows. Probably the 45/55 blend. 45% we have no idea. 55%$ cash only. It does look pretty good.
FWIW here’s the driveway tag

Attachments

• B103B57E-52DB-4FBA-8A4C-6744E95B49DA.jpeg
    B103B57E-52DB-4FBA-8A4C-6744E95B49DA.jpeg
    204.7 KB · Views: 14
We retired and downsized 5 years ago. Every problem shrinks accordingly. This is the one crack I have on my driveway. You can imagine why I don’t want to buy 50lbs of cold patch.

Attachments

• 086EF955-F9F2-42E9-AA1E-7BB79BC590F3.jpeg
    086EF955-F9F2-42E9-AA1E-7BB79BC590F3.jpeg
    261.1 KB · Views: 11
We retired and downsized 5 years ago. Every problem shrinks accordingly. This is the one crack I have on my driveway. You can imagine why I don’t want to buy 50lbs of cold patch.
im not an expert but that broken piece needs to be removed and maybe a few shovels of Hot patch throw in the hole

im not an expert but that broken piece needs to be removed and maybe a few shovels of Hot patch throw in the hole
I agree, you’re right. I guess I will consider doing that next spring, prior to seal coating so it blends in. Since downsizing my to do list has shortened. I’m still keeping up on things, but this is begging to get put off until Spring . Downsizing is wonderful, I highly recommend it. That damage is from front end loaders climbing the driveway to scrape off snow. Not much I can do about it except ***** and moan to the HOA. Easier and faster to repair it myself.

Last edited:
Back