Drivetrain fluid change (Charger AWD)

I want to change the fluids on my 2015 Charger AWD (3.6L) with 90K miles.

I've purchased Mopar trans fluid (6 for $85). I was going to buy Redline gear oil, but was wondering if Mobil1 would be fine. The manual calls for 75w85 and 75w90 for the differentials. Does it really matter if I use 75w90 in both and will 2 qts work?

Good place to get a quality trans filter?

For the transfer case I've looked at some options. So far my searches have come up...

Ravenol BW44 = $49 (plus $15 ship)

Mopar 68049954 (aa/ac) = $35(plus ship)

ATF fluid (GL4/5...DEX3) Amsoil/Redline/Mobil1

Will one quart work or do I need more?

Thanks for your help!

The transfer case takes a liter, 33.8 oz. That’s why the bottle of mopar is that size. If you use a quart of another brand you may need 2

You have the 8 speed or nag1? Nag1 came on some that year. If 8 speed the trans filter is the pan. If nag1 any filtran filter oem will work

Mobil 1 Diff fluid will not be an issue. You should be able to get by with 2 quarts.

I want to change the fluids on my 2015 Charger AWD (3.6L) with 90K miles.

I've purchased Mopar trans fluid (6 for $85). I was going to buy Redline gear oil, but was wondering if Mobil1 would be fine. The manual calls for 75w85 and 75w90 for the differentials. Does it really matter if I use 75w90 in both and will 2 qts work?
nope... for the life of me I don't understand why Mopar specs that oddball viscosity in their front diff's but they sure do..
they spec that stuff in my 1 ton Rams front diff but its had 85w140 in it for the last 120,000 miles. so that is that.

The transfer case takes a liter, 33.8 oz. That’s why the bottle of mopar is that size. If you use a quart of another brand you may need 2

You have the 8 speed or nag1? Nag1 came on some that year. If 8 speed the trans filter is the pan. If nag1 any filtran filter oem will work

Mobil 1 Diff fluid will not be an issue. You should be able to get by with 2 quarts.
Thank you for your reply!

Mopar transfer case fluid...check

It is an 8sp, so I need the pan and everything. Mechanic said dealer is out of stock, but I found it online and got it shipped for $170. Fingers crossed I don't get the "its on backorder", but invoice said "in stock" we'll see.....

of course mobil1 doesn't have 75w85 (Redline $24), but the do have mobil1 in 75w90($18)....so does the cheapskate in me buy all redline for $6 more or Mobil1 front and redline rear......decisions, decisions...lol

again thanks!

Update:
Kind of expensive but done(fluids, trans pan & labor)
Steering rack had to be removed to get to a couple of trans pan bolts.....thanks Dodge

Back