Choosing my correct differential fluid

Good morning! Yesterday, I changed the rear differential fluid in my 2016 AWD Dodge Charger, when it occurred to me that, while unlikely, it may have a LSD! With a little digging, I found a build sheet that’s sys it’s a 195MM Rear axle conventional diff. What I put in it was Mopar SAE 75W-85 Synthetic Axle Lubricant(Part # 68210057AB) and it says they’re no friction modifiers in this fluid. Is this the correct fluid for this differential? My user manual states to use “Mopar OD synthetic gear lubricant 75w85” with no other specifics, and the internet has yielded no comforting results for me, so now I ask you! I think I’ve got it right, but feel like I need reassurance.

Last edited:
That is the correct fluid. Here is the owners manual for others to see.

B00832FB-BFE1-4561-B693-D99F8DD93942.jpg
BF4F19E0-8C02-49A9-87FD-A8A4DC515130.jpg

I keep reading on diff mfg sites not to use syn gear lube; that it doesn't cling as well to the gears and that it will polish the gears. IDK, but it was enough for me to replace my gear oil with non syn since it's cheaper and I change it at 30K miles anyways.

I keep reading on diff mfg sites not to use syn gear lube; that it doesn't cling as well to the gears and that it will polish the gears. IDK, but it was enough for me to replace my gear oil with non syn since it's cheaper and I change it at 30K miles anyways.
Same here, I know that I'm definitely in the smaller camp here, but I switched from synthetic to regular Valvoline 80W90 and have less fuzzy goodness on the magnet at my 30,000ish mile changes. I am meticulous about keeping track of MPG's, and no noticeable change in MPG's.

Baby I am with you, use LSD and it will not create any problems at all
Back when my twin sons lived at home i built the elder twin a really fast 1969 Mustang Sports roof, highly modified, with traction lock 9" rear end Edelbrock Performer Rpm heads and Cam, converted to 5speed stick, ran 186mph, his brother hot rod Camaro 1/4 car both used the LSD additive

Back