Driven DT40 ran in pre-EGR Diesel

Hello all,

Need some advice on running Driven DT40 in a non-EGR Diesel. It’s a tuned motor and I can get the stuff for a pretty great deal. Would rather run this vice 300V of the same viscosity. But, 300V is purported to be sufficient in dispersant for a modern tuned Diesel

Thanks
4C50AB90-3A69-47D8-8FAA-66995D2CDBD9.jpeg

VOA

DT40 is designed to try to meet the requirements of Porsche A40, A40 is Porsche's extended life A3/B4 specification. A3/B4 oils are suitable for engines with or without EGRs without a DPF. DT40 should be fine running in your engine.

Thank you for the reply. I figured such, but you guys are the experts on Driven oils. I’ve only ever ran two brands in my short life: Mobil 15w-50/Extreme 15w-40 and Shell T6 5w-40.

Hey guys. Saw this post about using dt40 in a light duty diesel. When comparing a similar year A40 to A3/B4 on Lubrizol’s site (e.g. the chart graph), A40 doesn’t touch soot mitigation whatsoever. For those in the know, is this a safe oil for A3/B4 diesel spec? I saw RDY4WAR knew the developer of Driven oils as a side….

Comparable oil like that of the two offerings of 5w-40 300V from Motul are capable of handling Diesels w/EGR from their lit.

Last edited:
Hey guys. Saw this post about using dt40 in a light duty diesel. When comparing a similar year A40 to A3/B4 on Lubrizol’s site (e.g. the chart graph), A40 doesn’t touch soot mitigation whatsoever. For those in the know, is this a safe oil for A3/B4 diesel spec? I saw RDY4WAR knew the developer of Driven oils as a side….

Comparable oil like that of the two offerings of 5w-40 300V from Motul are capable of handling Diesels w/EGR from their lit.
The Lubrizol tool is only meant to make comparisons within the same approval. In addition, Euro approvals are built on top of the ACEA minimums. You're correct that A40 has no diesel emphasis because Porsche never sold any diesels prior to 2009. In 2009 ACEA C3 oils were required due to DPF and ULSD. Ex Porsche C30.

I would inquire with the seller of DT40 to determine if the product is suitable for non-dpf diesel.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. Finally got ahold of Driven and the rep told me that based upon my application (e.g. Euro Vehicle either Petrol or Diesel), DT40 would be the most applicable.

Granted…..they now sell a 5w-40 Diesel specific. I personally want one oil for the assortment of vehicles that specify 5w-40. I can deal with others that require another weight. Hope that makes sense.

My question for the rep/engineer was specifically concerning A3/B4 and it’s level of “dispersants” for soot. He stated what I wrote above. He did add that their levels of “detergents” are far higher than most and need to be brought into balance with the obvious one: Zinc. Paraphrasing I know, but that’s the gist of what he said.

Back