dri wash 'n guard waterless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try this:

http://www.wetpaintglaze.com/index.html

They have been around 20 years. I suspect that they make the product you asked about but it costs more than the original, assuming I'm correct.......just a guess on my part.

I can vouch for this one and have used it for many years. Long term use just gets better and better looking and easier to clean.
No negatives that I have found, none.

The correct wash procedure calls for two buckets, one with soap and one with water to rinse out the mitt.

Originally Posted By: RTexasF
The correct wash procedure calls for two buckets, one with soap and one with water to rinse out the mitt.

+1 There is no way I would not use soap and water to wash my car. You need soap to lift dirt off the finish and protect it from scratching. Anything dry is going to scratch the paint. JMO

It all depends on how dirty it is in the first place. The products mentioned will easily remove light dirt (not mud) and do not scratch the surface. I have used Wet Paint hundreds of times so I do have some background in using that particular product. It's so good that I purchase it by the case. It leaves a gorgeous look so you can always handwash first then apply it.
Enough of that.........

If a car is flithy it needs a good old fashioned hand wash or use a foam gun.

You are correct and that's what I do, too. The closest I ever come to a "waterless wash" is a dust with a calif duster and a quick detailer (Griot's Speed Shine is my fav) if the car is just dusty in the garage.

Last edited:
Dri Wash is one of those network marketing products. It's expensive and not that good. There are better waterless washed out there for much less money.

I actually like the product - but it is a polish not a wax - so it only lasts about 1-2 months < I park outside> - I have been using Dry wash and guard for a year now, and I throw a coat of 476s on top of it - the paint really pops - I have also managed to get many friends to try it as well - and I am not part of that pyramid stuff - I buy it online---- 1 large bottle lasts about a year - And I will be buying it again.......

cheers

Originally Posted By: GMBoy

You are correct and that's what I do, too. The closest I ever come to a "waterless wash" is a dust with a calif duster and a quick detailer (Griot's Speed Shine is my fav) if the car is just dusty in the garage.

Correct! It is probably a good product, but no one who really cares about a car finish, especially someone who shows cars would ever dry wash a car. Always soap and water, and 2 buckets are the safest way to clean a car.

AD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back