drained Castrol Syntec and returned it!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A week ago, my friend installed Castrol Syntec in his Mazda 6, ran the oil for 3 hundred miles, and felt like he hated the oil, so he drains it, pours it back into the 5 qt jug and returned it at Advance Auto where he purchased it. He told them he wasn't happy with the product and they took it back. LOL

Then he buys M1 and puts that back in. Should have stuck with the Syntec from what I've been reading lately, huh?

Probably wouldn't matter. Should check with a UOA. Is the Grade the same?

Was he able to give a tangible reason why he hated the oil? Let me guess...he was using his new butt dyno. This is close to being the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

The story sounds kind of fishy but reading the various car forums, there seem to be a LOT of people who feel their cars run like ---- on certain oils. Must be some sensitive butt dynos out there!

"Then he buys M1 and puts that back in. Should have stuck with the Syntec from what I've been reading lately, huh?"

Only one way to find out - ask him after 300 miles on M1. Sounds like a no-nonsense guy to me.

Mystically speaking, there's apparently engines that love M1, and engines that apparently don't. He may have the former.

oops
smile.gif
LOL. Seriously. this is what he told me. If it's ----, then I will never know

I bet Wal-Mart would take it back also.

Minute differences in MPG or HP would be very hard to notice at all and nearly impossible within only 300 miles, but I have noticed obvious differences in engine noise levels between oils. For two of my engines, thicker oils result in a quieter engine. Sometimes it seems that a thinner oil allows an engine to rev-up faster but that could just be wishful thinking.

The next time you see your friend, ask him what grade of Syntec it was; I'm thinking it was probably one of the thinner grades.
grin.gif

I bring all my used oil to Advanced Auto. They take it, no charge. I think it is a great service. Then I buy new oil.
Why is a story such as this unbelievable?

Yeah guys..why can't you believe what I told you? Did you think they gave him his money back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back