Domestic passenger car production?

The idea behind buying a “foreign” car is to avoid the trips to the dealer. My Japanese built Subaru has required a total of two trips to the dealer in 140K miles, one complimentary TSB repair (at 104K miles) and one recall. My Ford required 17 trips to the dealer in 86K miles before I dumped the POS, 4 recall trips, two trips because of leaking window seals, two trips for failed fuel injectors, one failed spark plug, two bad wheel bearings, three trips for various failed front suspension components, two trips for failed rear springs, and one trip for a failed radiator fan.

Now most “Japanese” cars are actually made here or in Canada and have much higher quality standards than their “domestic” equivalents. My friends new Buick is actually made in Germany and has required two trips to the dealer in under 10K, mainly to get parts installed that were supposed to be included in his trim package that the factory forgot to install.

Yep-but that TourX is now just about worthless. It's hard to surmise quality control when so few are sold. What did they sell in 2018 and 2019? I'm guessing very, very few.

Back