Does Valvoline instant oil change centers change your oil filter?

Hey guys,

This is my second time driving by the Valvoline instant oil change centers and I'm wondering how they change the filter?

I see that they drain the oil through the dipstick but ive never seen them lift the car to get to the filter...

I don't go there myself but anyone know if they even change the filter?

Last edited:
No lifts but they all have a pit under the bays. They change the filter from underneath. Never seen one drained via the dipstick... They also drain the oil that way. My work utilized their services in the past (since switched to Jiffy Lube - low cost government contract).

This must be the VIOC near you in particular that doesn’t have a lift. The two in my area do have lifts.

I see that they drain the oil through the dipstick but ive never seen them lift the car to get to the filter...
Watch the "video" that auto-plays and you'll see the cut-out in the floor. They don't show anyone down there though.

While in HS, I applied twice for a job at a local oil change place (IIRC it was the Canadian chain "Mr Lube").
Never got a call back despite having experience rebuilding engines and auto transmissions as part of my HS curriculum.
Given the type of folks who usually work there (hardly able to tell the difference b/t a dipstick and drain plug), at 17 I was probably overqualified.
🤷‍♂️

While in HS, I applied twice for a job at a local oil change place (IIRC it was the Canadian chain "Mr Lube").
Never got a call back despite having experience rebuilding engines and auto transmissions as part of my HS curriculum.
Given the type of folks who usually work there (hardly able to tell the difference b/t a dipstick and drain plug), at 17 I was probably overqualified.
🤷‍♂️

I think these kind of shops generally have one experienced guy and the rest are all new people so they can pay them less

This is my second time driving by the Valvoline instant oil change centers and I'm wondering how they change the filter?

Dang, you must have pretty good vision if you can see that from the road while driving. On second thought, how about paying attention to the road instead?

The ones here have a pit and the drive on lifts that come up from the floor for tire rotations. Same as the other quick lube places. The guys in the pit do everything down below. My friend works at a quick lube place and they had a customer drive in the pit lol. Good thing nobody was standing below at the time. I bet he wished they drained oil from up top.

i drain ALL my oil from the plug while HOT + being retired it drains at least an hour, 15 min while working + ALWAYS a new quality filter!!

Back