does this tv need a converter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, that tv doesn't need a converter box. No modern tv will. Even most tube tvs from 2002 and up don't need one.

BTW: that tv is way overpriced at $809.

Originally Posted By: wallyuwl
No, that tv doesn't need a converter box. No modern tv will. Even most tube tvs from 2002 and up don't need one.

BTW: that tv is way overpriced at $809.

I think OP is asking whether there's a need for ATSC tuner (converter) or not?

Chances are, an ATSC tuner already built in, so no need to buy/install/hook up an additional NTSC-to-ATSC converter.

Q.

The next question would be "would it get me free HBO?" The answer is "Unfortunately, no" :)

- Vikas

Originally Posted By: CivicFan
Froogle shows a fair market value of $540 for this TV.
Cool. Got mine for 498.00 out the door.Thanks to all.

Dave, what is going on man?

First that debacle of a thread about Netflix and hooking it to this TV via the old Dell you have and the dead horse that was beaten in that thread regarding upgrading that Dell or you buying "new" hardware 5 years out of date. Now questions about the specs of the TV (which as others have pointed out, being a newer TV won't need any kind of converter)?

I've looked through your post history and... hmmm.

That Dell from the Netflix thread you said you wanted to get rid of back in March.

Originally Posted By: daves66nova
Originally Posted By: SrDriver
Have you though about looking @ a new desktop?
Yes. I want to erase everything on this one so that i can sell it to someone.I plan to piece together one with parts that came out maybe a year ago,so they're way newer and not so expensive as the newest parts.

And then questions about deguassing LCD monitors due to 1/3 of the display being all "fuzzy".

I couldn't stop myself and just get reading and kept moving further down the rabbit hole.

Before i get in trouble for this, is it legal to take pictures of my 4 year old son holding some of my legal firearms?I usually have pics done at Walmart.

Questions about honey and babies and weaning a child off milk (and not breast milk, but regular milk)?

More posts from Jan of '10 about that infernal Dell and its video card, RAM, sound card, etc.

Teaching the wife at age 39 how to drive?

Investment advice and questions about insolvency within a few months of one another.

A Toyota truck and a Camry that are/were apparently knocking on heaven's door... and vasectomies.

And then I run across this?

Originally Posted By: Burt
Don't know if there are any nutrition experts here. What benefit are you trying to acheive by giving them any Omega3? I think of heart health. Not a concern at 5.
I want to give them omega 3 mainly for brain development.Hopefully he don't do like me and barely make it through high school.

So tell me Dave, have you just been trolling us forever?

If not, help me understand what its like to live in your world.

No, no trolling. Just barely making ends meet now that I have gotten married a few years back. I have had the rifle for 17 years already.I did have a hard time in high school,it being farther away than normal,actually not even in the same district.The milk question was from a friend's daughter whose doctor told her father that the milk blocked a lot of nutrients from being absorbed because the way milk coats the stomach.insolvency because of a property I had that I jumped into without being able to really afford it.I did a short sale and i wanted to find out if i would get nailed on the forgiven part of the loan.Vasectomy,not vasectomies.Wife don't want no more kids.A lot of things I hear about stuff that "it's not good to" and that peaks my curiosity.That's why I asked about the Honey one.I had hooked up a digital tv antenna to this tv and didn't get any channels.I've been waiting to find some restore discs for this comp.I believe I might have them now.Any other questions? Sorry for asking questions.The wife is NOT from this country and she never needed to drive in her country.She now does and now has a license and insurance.

Last edited:
com'mon now buickman, cut dave some slack, will ya?

Life has it's ups and downs and dave just happens to trust most BITOG posters for opinions and feedbacks to the point of raising/asking many more questions than he should.

I personally am going through a lot of things also and frankly I understand how dave feels.

Q.

If you're still in need of a digital TV antenna you can go here
http://www.antennaweb.org/aw/welcome.aspx

Plug in all your info and it tells you the best type of antenna for your area based on distance from the stations, UHF/VHF channels available, and other factors.

As for the rest, particularly the part about "sorry for asking questions", its not the issue of asking questions that confused me but rather that you were asking questions as if this was wikipedia or your own personal research librarian which was odd considering most could have been answered with 5 minutes or less of Googling.

The other confusing thing (which is why I asked about trolling) was that a lot of your threads just kind of trail off without any resolution. You'd ask a question, and get a response. Then you'd say you were going to attempt ABC or be told that XYZ probably wouldn't work and we'd never hear back from you in the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back