Does Prestolite still sell plug wires?

Replaced the wires in my '99 Altima with this Denso set,

Spark plug wires.JPG

and while they are nice, they aren't numbered like OEM and the wires stick out straight from the boot. Yes, there are holes on the sides to lay them 90 degrees out, but I don't like putting such a sharp bend in the wire, and when I tried, it wouldn't stay put. Not a big deal, but for next time, does Prestolite still make wires like the set I took off below, with 90 degree wire boots molded in and cables numbered?

wires.JPG

Interesting! The photo of the Denso wires on Rock Auto seem to have that same slotted head, although they shot them laying down. Most things Denso are not the Nippon Denso good stuff of the past. If it bothers you and you don't want the blue NGK, I recommend the United Motor, United-Packard wires. I've had good experience with those on some cars. They need to have the internal plug boots slathered with dielectric silicone on install or they're nearly impossible to remove without ripping the terminal out.

Great to see that KA24-DE engine! I had a '01 Altima from new to about 150k. Then gave it my stepson for another 60k with almost no maintenance. I had made it about 140k before I got the inevitable intake manifold leak. Using premium gas from new got me that far. ( EGR valve in terrible spot next to gasket). $1000. and few garages that did it once would ever do another.

I would say that Prestolite is no longer making spark plug wires judging by how they don't list them on their website and Rockauto has many Prestolite spark plug wires for sale which are all on closeout so it's likely all old stock being cleared out. All the spark plug wires offered by Rockauto for an 99 Altima have the OE style 90 degree boot (including Denso) so it's annoying that Denso changed the design since it looks like a cheaper design and the original style is easier to take off.

Back