Acdelco plug wire Amazon vs advance auto?

Hi all! I bought from Amazon, new ac Delco spark plug wires for a 98 LeSabre. Box says 1995 copyright I was a third party, Autoxtra name of business,selling it on Amazon. Fir like $40 ,neighborhood of.
On advance auto,I can buy the same part number, but it's $51.
I've read over the years to be careful of third party stuff from Amazon. It looks legite,out of the box though.
I can still return the plug wires too amazon.through some of February. Should I order them from advance auto and return the Amazon ones? Thier made in Mexico...was hoping made in USA.
Same with Wagner thermoquiet pads..made in china. Thought they were USA.
Thoughts?

the real OE wires could still come from Mexico. See if AAP has a promo code available. Often you'll find 15%

Reputable brands can still come from China, and sometimes even OE parts too :sneaky:

I've had various new Acdelco parts show up in the 1995 copyright box you describe. Made in mexico sounds right as well. They have a date on the wires themselves? Sometimes they do. Sounds like they are legit to me.

I'm guessing you bought the gold/professional wires 9746U? If so and you decide to return the actual OE wires P/N 746U are actually $8 cheaper and shipped/sold by Amazon:

I've had various new Acdelco parts show up in the 1995 copyright box you describe. Made in mexico sounds right as well. They have a date on the wires themselves? Sometimes they do. Sounds like they are legit to me.

I'm guessing you bought the gold/professional wires 9746U? If so and you decide to return the actual OE wires P/N 746U are actually $8 cheaper and shipped/sold by Amazon:

Yup

Some pics of it.yes it's the gold ones.the GM ones are available,but made in china .don't like that.so took chance on the gold's..

Attachments

• IMG_20230126_203541.jpg
    IMG_20230126_203541.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20230126_203605.jpg
    IMG_20230126_203605.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20230126_203643.jpg
    IMG_20230126_203643.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20230126_203634.jpg
    IMG_20230126_203634.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 24
Some pics of it.yes it's the gold ones.the GM ones are available,but made in china .don't like that.so took chance on the gold's..
Amazon says China for those as well and is frequently wrong. Those are the real thing run with confidence.

Shows MX as country of origin for both sets. I wouldn't be surprised if they're identical.

Last edited:
While this site has convinced me not to buy parts from Amazon anymore - even though I have had nothing but good luck - I seriously doubt Spark Plug wires for a 24 year old car would be very high on anyone's list of stuff to counterfeit.

I would just use them.

Same with Wagner thermoquiet pads..made in china. Thought they were USA.
Most large corporations nowadays have manufacturing sites all over the globe. Some pads will be made in the US, others in China, some in Mexico, some in ???.

Back