Does filter thread have to match exactly?

Being a BITOG type, I still haven't given up researching oil filters for ISC8.3 in my motor home. I found this on the Cummins site.

file:///C:/Users/Hopkins/Documents/Motor%20Home/Engine/LT36539%20-%20Fleetguard%20vs%20Donaldson.pdf

Of course much of it is nothing more than sales pitch. But it makes some interesting points. I've already ordered a DBL7300 Donaldson Blue for the first oil change. But I think next oil change, I will be going with the Fleetguard LF14009NN.

Being a BITOG type, I still haven't given up researching oil filters for ISC8.3 in my motor home. I found this on the Cummins site.

file:///C:/Users/Hopkins/Documents/Motor%20Home/Engine/LT36539%20-%20Fleetguard%20vs%20Donaldson.pdf

Of course much of it is nothing more than sales pitch. But it makes some interesting points. I've already ordered a DBL7300 Donaldson Blue for the first oil change. But I think next oil change, I will be going with the Fleetguard LF14009NN.
We can't open a file located on your computer.

You may want to read Donaldson's response to that document:

Sorry about the link error. Thanks, BMW Don for the right link.

Overkill, I read the Donaldson document some time ago and forgot about it. They do make excellent points. But the one they did not address is filter media type. It would have been interesting to see their response. Lack of response leaves me wondering if Fleetguard's claims, that Donaldson is using old, inferior filtration media, is valid.

Sorry about the link error. Thanks, BMW Don for the right link.

Overkill, I read the Donaldson document some time ago and forgot about it. They do make excellent points. But the one they did not address is filter media type. It would have been interesting to see their response. Lack of response leaves me wondering if Fleetguard's claims, that Donaldson is using old, inferior filtration media, is valid.

Donaldson produces a polymer media as well, and has for ages (Synteq XP). They've chosen the media type they have for the lube filters based on their performance criteria and testing. Ultimately, the more efficient filter is better, and their approach seems to be more candid than Fleetguard's, which I think that document addresses well.

Overkill,

Thanks for the details. I'll be installing the Donaldson Blue before my first trips this year. I'm planning on doing a UOA at the following oil change. It will be interesting to see if the difference can be seen.

Back