Dodge ties Porsche as most appealing brand

So, yeah, I don't buy the marketing gimmicks and hype. It's mostly marketing lies, no long-term testing, and other promises that rarely meet the hype.
They have a different study for long term reliability. It's called "Dependability Study" I believe.

The one in the OP is just overall satisfaction measured after the first 90 days of ownership. Since it's for brand new cars, they don't have a crystal ball to tell you how these cars will fare many years down the road.

study is essentially a measure of brand appeal

The study, according to the release, asked owners to consider attributes, “ranging from the sense of comfort they feel when climbing into the driver's seat to the exhilaration they get when they step on the accelerator.”

A fresh look can make a big difference.

The J.D. Power study is based on responses from 110,827 owners of new 2021 model year vehicles surveyed after 90 days of ownership
So yeah, this is of limited use to most people, but it's not like they're hiding what this is.

The whole argument about where a vehicle is assembly is such an old man thing. Manufacturing quality is set by the manufacturer, not the location. This includes China and Mexico.

American manufacturing jobs are important in every industry and it’s not me who was claiming that GM is the one auto maker that cares so much about the little guy. What a crock.

American manufacturing jobs are important in every industry and it’s not me who was claiming that GM is the one auto maker that cares so much about the little guy. What a crock.
What about those American manufacturing jobs that are needed to make the parts?

According to the below, GM's TDC (total domestic content) is 58.2%. Compare that to 25.9% for Toyota.

I think my HHR was made in Mexico by Chinese. Actually, It was good other than front suspension.
Heck … the value of Made in Italy came into the limelight when Chinese labor hauled them a pandemic …
Wherever you make it … IMO, you make it with that labor force …

Well if you really want to go there according to the below US government data the 2021 Toyota Tundra, built in San Antonio, Texas by Americans, is 65% domestic content, the Ford F-150 is 55%, and the Hecho en Mexico Chevrolet Silverado is 46% domestic content with 38% of its parts also Hecho en Mexico.

Sure, we can cherry pick specific models. When doing so, one will see that domestic content for Prius and 4Runner is 0%, for example.

What I posted above were averages for the whole brand.

Well if you really want to go there according to the below US government data the 2021 Toyota Tundra, built in San Antonio, Texas by Americans, is 65% domestic content, the Ford F-150 is 55%, and the Hecho en Mexico Chevrolet Silverado is 46% domestic content with 38% of its parts also Hecho en Mexico.

And the RAM 1500 Classic is 63%, while the Grand Cherokee is 67% and the Cherokee 71%.

Back