Dodge ties Porsche as most appealing brand

dishdude

$100 Site Donor 2023

According to J.D. Power, here are the automotive companies and the models that topped the various segments in its study this year, ranging from small cars to large heavy duty pickups:

• General Motors — Cadillac CT5, Chevrolet Blazer, Chevrolet Corvette, Chevrolet Tahoe and GMC Sierra HD
  • BMW — BMW 4 Series, BMW X4, BMW X6, and BMW X7
  • Hyundai Motor Group — Genesis G80, Kia K5, and Kia Telluride
  • Nissan — Nissan Maxima, Nissan Sentra, and Nissan Versa
  • Ford — Ford Bronco Sport and Ford Mustang Mach-E
  • Daimler — Mercedes-Benz CLA
  • Honda — Honda Ridgeline
  • Jaguar Land Rover Limited — Land Rover Defender
  • Stellantis — Ram 1500
  • Toyota — Toyota Sienna
  • Volvo — Volvo XC40
One notable absence from the official rankings is Tesla. The automaker is not officially ranked because, unlike others, it doesn’t give J.D. Power permission to survey the electric vehicle company’s customers in states that require it. However, J.D. Power provided a score based on a survey of Tesla customers in other states that would have given it the top ranking at 893.

Look, Dodge makes some cool cars. If I could drive one but not have to worry about the cost to repair it or the huge loss in trade in value when I go to get rid of it, Id drive a Dodge.
I drive 25K miles a year and maintain my own vehicles, which is why I dont own a Chrysler product. LOL

Badgerstate, your reasons for not owning a Dodge is exactly my reason for owning them. Inexpensive in the used market, easy to work on and plentiful parts both in the yards, and and at the parts stores. The best kind of car to own is the inexpensive one to drive, fix and insure. Different strokes for different folks.

JD Powers. lol. I don't have a dog in this race but companies like this are so fake it's pathetic. These type of consumer rating companies have no credibility. I've seen companies give STELLAR reviews of new products, an in a few years those products are junk.

You want an example? In 2005, there was a pistol made by Taurus, the model 24/7, that was rated the "Handgun of the Year." A decade later they, and 9 other models with similar designs, Taurus was sued and all were recalled and unfixable so millions were destroyed. lol.

So, yeah, I don't buy the marketing gimmicks and hype. It's mostly marketing lies, no long-term testing, and other promises that rarely meet the hype.

What does "most appealing" even mean? What is appealing to you (or anyone else) may not be appealing to me.
I have long stated that I don't pay any attention to what J.D. Power says. Their "awards" are laughable.

Back