Dodge Durango 3.6L - HPL 5w-20 - 15,820 Miles on oil

I was seeking clarity and transparency only.
I'll give you an example of how transparent HPL is about results.

Dave has an outstanding lab with every instrument required to do a UAO. HPL uses their own lab for development work on new products. I have taken my own sample there from a truck I used to own and watched the entire process from calibration of the instruments to the finished results. The reason for doing a UOA at HPL's lab was because I asked Dave if I could see how the testing process works. I did not post the HPL UOA results for my truck, instead you saw the Wearcheck results.

When it comes time to test the used oil to see how well their product performed, they do not use their own lab, instead the protocol is to use Wearcheck as in independent lab that has no horse in the race. All results I post come directly from Wearcheck. When you are absolutely serious about results, you remove potential bias or even the appearance of bias.

I'll ask that we all keep a cool head here; let's not let things get out of hand with the accusations from any angle. 'Nuff said, right?

As for the UOA, the data speaks for itself. This is a lube which is performing quite well, and it's in an engine that historically is very easy on oils. This is a great example of how desirable things can be when proper products are matched together. There's life left for sure in that sump load, and the experiment pays ROI not only in OCI extension, but knowledge for all of us to glean.

I'll ask that we all keep a cool head here; let's not let things get out of hand with the accusations from any angle. 'Nuff said, right?

As for the UOA, the data speaks for itself. This is a lube which is performing quite well, and it's in an engine that historically is very easy on oils. This is a great example of how desirable things can be when proper products are matched together. There's life left for sure in that sump load, and the experiment pays ROI not only in OCI extension, but knowledge for all of us to glean.
Glad to see you back, Newton! (y)

Back