Do you trust spark plugs from Amazon to be authentic ?

I no longer trust Amazon for anything. They re-sell previously opened and returned items as brand new. Even on personal hygiene products like razors and clipper. It's disgusting.

I would trust eBay more than Amazon these days.

I would only buy spark plugs in sealed blister packs, not cardboard boxes. Here in Canada, Canadian Tire and Partscource are reputable stores that sell spark plugs in blister packs. Canadian Tire will even deliver, probably Partscource too.

Any purchase online could be a gamble. Try supporting your local businesses. I like to shop my local NAPA auto or O’Reillys. It’s also nice they honor military/veterans with a discount
I wouldn't say any and every.

But to the OP question. Nope. Amazon says they police that sh.....fo shizzle they do. They encourage it.

I'm not even sure I would trust Amazon if the seller was NGK.

seller will show as amazon.com, like this one:

1700876063533.jpg

But I agree that with a couple month return policy how would you return it after 40k miles?
That's a valid point!

I would trust eBay more than Amazon these days
Especially since the eBay seller has set terms and conditions when listing an item’s condition I believe you’d get better results on eBay. I turn to eBay and eBay motors often. I had ordered replacement burner tubes and flame hoods from eBay a few years ago and was very shocked when I saw the order was fulfilled through Amazon marketplace I was dumbfounded. Contacted eBay to find out that the seller used eBay for his Amazon storefront had no clue that sellers could do that.

Again this was several years back maybe it’s changed now so what I’m getting at is we have to be careful an Amazon counterfeiter isn’t using a trusted marketplace like eBay to scam us. I was fortunate to not get burnt with my purchase.

Especially since the eBay seller has set terms and conditions when listing an item’s condition I believe you’d get better results on eBay. I turn to eBay and eBay motors often. I had ordered replacement burner tubes and flame hoods from eBay a few years ago and was very shocked when I saw the order was fulfilled through Amazon marketplace I was dumbfounded. Contacted eBay to find out that the seller used eBay for his Amazon storefront had no clue that sellers could do that.

Again this was several years back maybe it’s changed now so what I’m getting at is we have to be careful an Amazon counterfeiter isn’t using a trusted marketplace like eBay to scam us. I was fortunate to not get burnt with my purchase.
Similar thing happened to me on Amazon, bought idemitsu atf, ended up receiving a Rockauto package. These sellers...

I generally go with rockauto for plugs, but if they were shipped from/sold by amazon I'd have no issues buying them there (and have in the past). IMO the whole counterfit plug thing is blown way out of proportion, but if its on ebay or a 3rd party seller on amazon and the price is to good to be true it probably is.. For whatever reason a lot of folks on BITOG would have you believe that every single auto part on amazon, to include oil filters, is suspect.

Do you trust spark plugs from Amazon to be authentic ?

I need to replace spark plugs on 3 Hondas and a Mazda and don’t want counterfeit parts.

Should I just go to Auto Zone or AAP for Denso / NGK ?
cross ref the part numbers with a toyota and grab then from the bf special 25% off sale now.

I have ordered a lot of parts from Amazon over the years with good luck, but won't anymore. The co-mingling of parts is the problem. It might be shipped and sold by Amazon but its picked at random, so where that particular item originated is unknown. Its fine for something you can inspect and return if needed, but spark plugs - no thanks.

RA is the way to go. You can google the shipped from address and its almost always a legit parts wholesale location.

I got burned from Amazon plugs that lasted 10k miles. I'll pay more and buy them at local auto parts store.

I buy NGK G Power Platinum plugs for the 240s from FCPEuro. I’ve never had an issue. The cars start and run flawlessly.

Nope.
Chance for counterfeits too high and higher chance of spark plugs being damaged in shipping.

I just buy from local parts store.
Many times it is not much more expensive than Amazon, and piece of mind is worth the extra cost overall.

Just got a set of plugs for my kids Scion from Advance Auto that were on clearance for less than anything on Amazon.

No. For NGK:

Back