Best and worst spark plugs and why.

Always use Champion Coppers in my Ram in signature -- NGK for the Acura and Subaru. Have not checked or changed the plugs on the Newer VW yet.

I usually use factory spec'd plugs...usually the one's mentioned in the owner's manual...I tried A/C Delco Rapidfire when they first came out and noticed zero difference than what was in the car before changing (beyond any benefit to actually putting new plugs in your vehicle
wink.gif
)...perhaps there is a benefit over the item that was engineered for your car but the benefit has seemed so small if at all to keep me using the OEM part...

my feeling based on my experience is if you notice any benefit, the product you replaced was past it...of course YMMV

good luck with your choice

Bill

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Micahmcmeen
Seems crazy to me that plugs could make so much of a difference. It would seem like as long as the gap is correct it should work the same.

Yeah me too. I have installed many different brand plugs in 30 cars, 5 motorcycles, snow blowers, lawn mowers and never noticed any difference. Could not understand when ppl would claim "my car ran like crap with X brand plugs but great with Y brand". Perhaps internal electrical resistance variation between brands is responsible? Heat range?

I don't know about other cars but on Saabs equipped with the direct ignition cassette it is imperative to only use the proper factory NGK plugs. The spark plugs are used as knock sensors and other brands may not work correctly even if the car otherwise runs OK with them.

Back