Do you follow severe differential oil change interval?

Because it’s got smallest wear scar result in the 4-ball Wear tests among other things that I had performed a few months back. Even when not towing, SVG will minimize wear.
It also costs a bit more than the other fluids listed, and he doesn’t tow, hence me asking why. ;)

It also costs a bit more than the other fluids listed, and he doesn’t tow, hence me asking why. ;)
With P.C. pricing from @Pablo, I think it’s like $11-15/qt, which is not out of line with other worthwhile options. For something that takes 2-4 quarts and has the possibility of lasting 75-100k miles, the difference is pennies per 1k miles. Amsoil’s a pretty good value considering its performance.

It’s possible to get HPL gear oils down into that $ range as well with some volume.. and this is why I gave up my Motul Gear 300: two gear oils that perform objectively better on multiple fronts and cost about half what the Motul does.

This thread got me curious, so looked in mthe 2024 CX-5 manual and it says does not need to be serviced unless it gets submerged.

I have honestly never done it before as have never had a car with AWD until now (well, the Tucson had it, but we only kept that car for a year, so never got around to thinking about it.)

This thread got me curious, so looked in mthe 2024 CX-5 manual and it says does not need to be serviced unless it gets submerged.

I have honestly never done it before as have never had a car with AWD until now (well, the Tucson had it, but we only kept that car for a year, so never got around to thinking about it.)
If you submerge your new vehicle I would change more than the gear oils.

Back