Do Milwaukee tools ever go on sale?

I really thought for a while my Milwaukee impact was invincible with 1400 lbs of "nut busting torque". Nope. Could not get the strut bolts off a 2006 Altima. Could not get a control arm bolt off a 2003 Maxima. Had to resort to breaker bars. I'm using it a lot more now and the battery life is amazing
I'm going to guess you used an extension which would reduce the torque or you didn't use one of their bigger batteries, just the regular XC ones. They have a few other ones like high output HD batteries.

I'm going to guess you used an extension which would reduce the torque or you didn't use one of their bigger batteries, just the regular XC ones. They have a few other ones like high output HD batteries.
Short socket. Could not get the lower one to budge. Or the two on the other side. I put a breaker bar on it and it rounded right off. So I remove the entire mess

Attachments

• 20201023_153017.jpg
    20201023_153017.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 41
Was at Home Depot last night and a bunch of random Milwaukee stuff was on sale. I picked up 2 M12 batteries and a M12 inflator that came with a charger, battery, and bag.

Yes I know what you mean, I had a pipe cutter from them. Its a good tool and works like a champ but 3 batteries in already. What happens is I don't use the tools for a while (house plumbing) and when I do need it the battery is dead and wont recharge.
If it's an M18, it may need jump started
Don't ask me why, but if it keeps a $100+ battery going, I'm all for it

Yesterday's paper HD ad. $149 for a drill/driver and impact set with 2 batts and charger. Oscill. tool for $99. Then a full page of Milwaukee tools.

Just for the record, everyone loves them. I am in no way at all impressed with their CS if you ever have an issue. In fact, you must likely are screwed.

+1

Not dumb. I'm hoping it's something I'm doing. That's the mode its in. Slows torque after it loosens. Great on lugs. Axles. Most bolts. Pittsburg impact sockets.
Only suggestion is to try the high output 6 amp hour battery.

The high output batteries aren't cheap although you could pick one up with the hack on the 12 amp hour battery and the 8 amp hour battery for $200. You can return one and get the other one at a pro-rated price, but you have to do it in person.

With no return trick, it's $180 for the 12 and 8 amp hour battery.

If it's an M18, it may need jump started
Don't ask me why, but if it keeps a $100+ battery going, I'm all for it

The pipe cutter is M12. It is too bad, some of the tools are well made but you cant be buying a new battery every other time you need to use it.
I have 18V Makita batteries from 2008 that are still going strong, no problems with any of them, no dead one yet. If all of them were to fail today they owe me nothing.

Yes I know what you mean, I had a pipe cutter from them. Its a good tool and works like a champ but 3 batteries in already. What happens is I don't use the tools for a while (house plumbing) and when I do need it the battery is dead and wont recharge.

Wow really?? I got an M18 Fuel impact wrench a couple years ago and haven’t charged it for probably three years now and it still has one bar. Same with me I don’t use it super often

Not dumb. I'm hoping it's something I'm doing. That's the mode its in. Slows torque after it loosens. Great on lugs. Axles. Most bolts. Pittsburg impact sockets.
That’s the mode and battery that I use on even larger (32-36MM) and rustier bolts. In one instance it was a 36MM axle nut that was factory tightened to 253 ft lbs 15 years prior and that had spent 9 years in northern PA without the benefit of a hub cap; the wrench spun it right off after maybe 7-10 seconds of hitting.

You can try mode 3 but I honestly think that there may be something wrong with your tool.

Looking for a M12 3/8" Stubby Impact Wrench.. I have a few other M12 tools and would like to add this.
Here you go.

Here you go.

I missed the ‘slick deal’, but thanks for the heads up anyways.!

I really thought for a while my Milwaukee impact was invincible with 1400 lbs of "nut busting torque". Nope. Could not get the strut bolts off a 2006 Altima. Could not get a control arm bolt off a 2003 Maxima. Had to resort to breaker bars. I'm using it a lot more now and the battery life is amazing
I had to jury rig a heavy socket to bust the crank bolt on my parent’s Sienna. But even still I’m happy with it.

a part of me wished I went DeWalt since Home Depot seems to have more sales on their 20V Max OPE and my dad wants to buy a new chain saw but I’m having a hard time selling him on the M18 Fuel saw.

Why there's a deal on a Milwaukee M18 Sawzall now with an 8 amp hour battery for $108. Probably a price mistake. We'll see how long it lasts and if anyone gets one.

Looks like it was a price mistake. Comments on slickdeals saying they have their orders cancelled. Great link on a deal in any case, thanks for posting!

Looks like it was a price mistake. Comments on slickdeals saying they have their orders cancelled. Great link on a deal in any case, thanks for posting!
Yeah, I ordered it, got the cancellation emails and nothing more. I figured it probably was, but sometimes you get lucky.

I'm tempted to get the 12 amp hour and 8 amp hour battery for $200. I don't really need the 12 so I suppose I could sell it for $140 and maybe just have the 8 amp hour for $60. There was a deal earlier for it at $180 but the company is out of stock and some claim they're sketchy in terms of never delivering.

Back