Do I want to go to an Iron Maiden concert?

Be forewarned the music at an Iron Maiden concert is very loud. But yea go!

I vote go. Depending on your situation if it's a good or bad thing, you could openly smoke marijuana at concerts years ago when they allowed smoking indoors. Fun times. I've been to my share of concerts and still go to see some older acts. It's very interesting to see a lot of young folks there.

Realize this is a bit weird to ask, but I've never been to a rock concert, and my first gut reaction is "nope". I can barely make it through sitting a movie theater. My only knowledge of rock concerts comes from music videos, where it looks like people are standing around for the whole time, lots of moving around, shouting, and being very, very loud.

But... opportunity arises to go. Should I? I don't listen to Maiden often, but do like their music. So it could be an interesting experience.
I have a friend in his 40s from Montreal who loves Iron Maiden from his teen years and goes to their concerts when they are within 5hrs and really enjoys them . YOLO and you need to try it once!

He does not particularly enjoy other concerts.

Aces High was on the radio the other day and I freaking LOVE that song and thought I would be great to see them live.

Go to this concert !!!!

It depends on the venue. Maybe Google it and see if other people have complained about the sound quality. Like anything else there are good venues with good acoustics and then there are bad venues too. A Maiden show will be really loud, possibly so loud you can't hear the music. Ear plugs will help.

I've been to a few music concerts, and other than enjoying the music, was incredibly bored, and annoyed by the crowds.

Okay, there should be at least one Iron Maiden video in this thread...

Maybe two.

Or three...

Last edited:
Just to pile on, you stated that you like the band. Go and have a great time. I'm 64 and go to a few concerts every year. Even if I don't like the band that much, it's still fun.

Absolutely go! Bring at least 3 ear plugs, in case one falls out. I like bringing different kinds as some sound better than others.

The Maiden show is a good one, and that alone is worth going for. The background of "Eddie" the band's mascot is interesting, and worth reading about, along with other aspects of the show, as the entire stage has meaning. Maybe they will have the latest version of inflatable Eddie there.

I've heard that the stage is more minimalistic than in the past. So who knows? They are always good.

Anyway, all these older bands are winding-down, and most are one catastrophe or death away from being forever gone. I suggest seeing the ones you can, while you still can.

Here he is on "the book of souls" Ed Force One:
pleasant looking fellow....

2560px-Eddie-DSC_2355.jpg

FEATURED-IMAGE-2-e1568273543150.jpg

Last edited:
Add me to the "hell yes" choir lol.

I'm 46 and while I grew up listening to hard rock and metal for some reason didn't get into Maiden until the mid 2000s. Been to a show on every tour since, and just got tickets to go see them next November. They are still fantastic live, it's quite remarkable, so I'll keep going as long as they do. The music is great and they are true professionals, you won't be disappointed.

jeff

Sounds like a strong vote to go. We'll see how it unfolds--there's a bit of a backstory to it, not sure worth explaining.

Definitely bringing earplugs. These days, if I'm not in work clothes, I usually have 'em in a pocket already. My hearing is already wonky enough, I won't be damaging them "for fun" as painfully loud is just painful--and that's not fun. I cringe watching SMA vids and other guys running air tools without earplugs--I can't use my electric impact without plugs.
Yep I was 4th row at a Judas Priest concert. My ears were ringing for hours and hours.

Here he is on "the book of souls" Ed Force One:
pleasant looking fellow....

2560px-Eddie-DSC_2355.jpg
I was sitting in a 767 departing Santiago, Chile and looking out the window at Ed Force One. Thats when the two engines were damaged with ground equipment. Cool plane. I have a picture, somewhere.

Didnt get to go to the concert, it was the same night we were leaving, and there was no way I wasnt leaving....

As far as Iron Maiden, meh.... not a fan, but I dont dislike them. I'd go if the tickets were cheap and someone wanted me to go. Earplugs are a must.

Back