Do I want a sealant or carnauba wax?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: k24a4
klasse sealant works well for me. it does not stain trim. a little goes a long way. very durable.

Klasse All In One topped off with P21s Carnauba. Many great sealants out there, but I found that you really need a release agent (wax) to get bugs, and bird droppings off. P21s is pure wax without cleaners. It also will not stain trim. Most sealants will bead for a long time, but they don't release bugs/droppings well.

Originally Posted By: hisilver
I am looking for long lasting protection from the intense sunlight. Which would be better for UV protection and durability? Deep wet glossy paint is not my priority, but of course would be great too. Vehicle is a GM truck, greystone metallic color (dark silver).

I have been using polymer sealants, Klasse and Menzerna, with excellent results for over 15 years. You can always apply wax on top of the sealant to improve the look.

I applied Klasse AIO and a layer of sealant glaze last fall and everything is still beading except for the roof on my truck. It stayed outside all winter. No complaints here. Will re-apply in the next few weeks.

Well I received my Collinite 476s. I didnt have my own truck at home that day so I tested it on a work vehicle. A '11 black silverado. The paint has had nothing on it since new (about 2 months old) I washed a small section on the hood and applied 476s thinly and let it set for about fifteen minutes, then it buffed off very easily.
No one will wash this truck Im sure of it, so this is a good test for longevity for me as I drive this truck one to three times a week.
First impressions is its not as smooth of a surface after treatment as other products Ive used, but as I stated in my first post I want longevity. We shall see.....

It might need time to cure. Some products feel smoother the next day to me. Give it a day and see if it feels smoother. But waxes in general don't feel as smooth as sealants.

Last edited:
I agree on the cure time. Always feels better after. I would have used a claybar on the section before waxing it.

Originally Posted By: hisilver
Well I went ahead and ordered some Collinite online. Does either 476 or 845 stain black plastic trim?

Keep it off black trim you'll be glad you did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back