What's a good all-around wax that's durable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by jimbrewer
Originally Posted by 007
Originally Posted by bcossa2001
007 I'm curious as to how long it lasted. In the HOT Alabama sun, un-garaged, I get about 2 months with 845....

I get at least 6 months of protection for a vehicle stored outside in the Florida sun using FK1000 which is amazing for me . Unfortunately, Collinite products only lasted me half that at best. Not trying to sell one product vs. the other but I like it when something actually last. To be clear, by protection I mean water beading as well as looks with crappy reclaimed water being sprayed on my vehicles on a regular basis. I am sure there are much better products out there for looks like those that contain carnuba wax but they just DO NOT hold up. Truth be told I am one of those guys who does NOT wish to detail my multiple vehicles every couple of months! l have also tried Meguiars Ultimate wax as many recommended but just never got the same results when applying to a clean or un cleaned surface!

I've seen several such posts from Floridians. I assume it's the heat, or maybe humidity.

The reason Colonite does not last in Florida on a vehicle stored outside 24/7 is not because its a bad wax but rather because its Carnuba based from what I understand. Carnuba wax breaks under intense heat like that on a cars surface here in the Florida sun especially in the summer. FK1000 is All synthetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back