Discount tire black friday score

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to Discount tires today to buy the Ohtsu FP0612 A/S but got the Arizonian Silver Edition III instead.
They were going to honor Discount Tire direct pricing on both tires. I got the TPS reset charge($20) waived.

With all the rebates figured in the Arizonian Silver Edition III were $17.50 a tire more.
I think I got a much better tire for not a lot more money.
I got a total of $175 off what it should have been with all the rebates.
My net cost is $281 for 4 tires.
How do they make a profit?

I'm getting four cooper CS3s for $63 I'm gonna mount myself for free.

Good question.

I got 4 Continental CONTROL CONTACT TOURING A/S
for 24cents.. installed and with warranty certificates.

I think I won the best deal this time
smile.gif

**Disclaimer not everyone can get this deal.

Tires 89$ each, mount balance fees, warranty certs,tax total
Warranty credit for michelin defenders that wore to 4/32 in 23600 miles = 273.32
3 rebates that I filled out on my phone in under 5 min.. all online = 230$

Total after rebates = .24cents.

2nd disclaimer.. I added up something wrong because the total was 230.24 and 230$ in rebates.

If I had skipped warranty replacement certs and double checked the pricematch to dtd..
I would have MADE 61$
smile.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Rand
I got 4 Continental CONTROL CONTACT TOURING A/S
for 23cents.. installed and with warranty certificates.

I think I won the best deal this time
smile.gif

Oh and they forgot to price match or it would have been minus 8 dollars.

**Disclaimer not everyone can get this deal.

I told the counter guy if he could find a few more rebates they might have to pay me to take the tires.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
Please tell me that you're being sarcastic.

I edited my post.

3 rebates
100 DT BF rebate on "best" tires (continental or michelin)
60 DT Rebate for using my care one card
70 continental rebate
=230

Also 6 months same as cash but I'll pay it off in 3 weeks or so when I get the bill.

Camry the son drives has Arizonian Silver Edition III tires recently - I couldn't wait for the BF deals. He has not had any complaints about the tires (I paid for them so he shouldn't).

Few weeks ago replaced all the tires on wife's Lexus RX330. Another one I couldn't wait on - it also has DT exclusive tires (Yokahama 740GTX).

Then again mine also has DT Continental ControlContact Tour A/S.

Now that I think of it, all 3 vehicles have DT exclusive tires - that's not normally like me...

How are you liking the Arizonian Silver Edition III

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Errtt
Camry the son drives has Arizonian Silver Edition III tires recently - I couldn't wait for the BF deals. He has not had any complaints about the tires (I paid for them so he shouldn't).

Few weeks ago replaced all the tires on wife's Lexus RX330. Another one I couldn't wait on - it also has DT exclusive tires (Yokahama 740GTX).

Then again mine also has DT Continental ControlContact Tour A/S.

Now that I think of it, all 3 vehicles have DT exclusive tires - that's not normally like me...

How are you liking the Arizonian Silver Edition III

Too soon to tell. Just got them 2 days ago.
But the first thing I noticed was they are much quieter than the Kumho tires that were on the car.
Even at 70 MPH they are pretty quiet.
And this is in an Elantra. I would think that in a more upscale car they would be totally silent.

If they had the Arizonian SE III in the size I was shopping yesterday 235/60-17, depending on price I'd have given them a close look. Had Cooper Grand Touring and Gen RT43, went with the latter as already have a V rated set on an Accord and liking them. Satisfied with overall DT shopping/purchase experience I posted on DTD BF thread, but no surprise to me with that part.

Hope both Ariz SE III owners will update how they are doing.

Got an accidental $100 discount on the Blizzaks. Assuming that the visa card comes in.

I was careful to fill out the survey to say that the only reason I bought the tires was because of the discount.

They do a business at that place. It was packed on a Wednesday morning.

I got an Arizonian Silver Edition from Tread depot ... ordered a set of completely different tires. Looks like a nice tire. I would buy it if I could.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back