Digital Fuel Mizer...your thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a story on it yesterday or the day before. It is an inertia meter. If you pay attention to it, it will make you a more fuel efficient driver. It helps to reprogram you brain to back off the throttle and lighten up on the brake pedal.
Of all the goofy and snake oil stuff the EPA tests each year they did say it improved the fuel economy of their test drivers by about 15%.
A Scan Gauge($150)will do the same thing if you watch the read outs.

To expand on ALS's comment, here is a quote from the website, how it works section,
Originally Posted By: digitalfuelmizer.com
The Digital Fuel Mizer uses a state of the art two axis MEMS accelerometer to measure the acceleration rate of your vehicle.
A good idea, IMO. It would be interesting to see if it adds any advantage to the abundance of data the Prius offers. Alas, I've got more pressing things calling for my cash at the moment...

With good software the device should be able to tell how fast you're going and warn of excessive speed if you give it the diameter of your tires.

Engine and wheel RPM, and misfires, can be measured using a simple microphone inside the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back