Digital Torque Adapter

NDL

I needed a breaker bar, and a lot of heft, to undo some lugs nuts today, and I am flabbergasted: when I had my tires rotated two months ago, I saw the tech, without any suggestion/coaxing on my part, use torque sticks to tighten the lugs - so I assumed they were torqued to spec.

I was wrong.

So I ran and borrowed a neighbors Snap On torque wrench, which got me thinking that I should have one of my own.

I don't have money for a Snap On wrench, so I started looking at other brands - when I came across Digital Torque Adapters, which are said to work much in the same way.

Because they're digital, my hope is that the cheaper ones might be somewhat accurate (as compared with/to a cheap(er) brand torque wrench).

Does anyone have any experience with affordably priced torque wrenches or digital torque adapters? If so, what do you recommend?

I needed a breaker bar, and a lot of heft, to undo some lugs nuts today, and I am flabbergasted: when I had my tires rotated two months ago, I saw the tech, without any suggestion/coaxing on my part, use torque sticks to tighten the lugs - so I assumed they were torqued to spec.

I was wrong.

So I ran and borrowed a neighbors Snap On torque wrench, which got me thinking that I should have one of my own.

I don't have money for a Snap On wrench, so I started looking at other brands - when I came across Digital Torque Adapters, which are said to work much in the same way.

Because they're digital, my hope is that the cheaper ones might be somewhat accurate (as compared with/to a cheap(er) brand torque wrench).

Does anyone have any experience with affordably priced torque wrenches or digital torque adapters? If so, what do you recommend?
One needs to know how to use those sticks. Easy to overtorque using them. I always check when I get home.

Reactions: NDL
Back