Different brand tires right and left side.

I have done something redneck like this before, 1 tire different than the other 3 in an emergency on a beater with worn struts 1 month before sending to the crusher, it was a nail at the shoulder so might as well put an old odd one on.

The car pull to one side slightly, drives kind of funny until I got used to it. In the rain you got to be real careful otherwise you will "drift" to the side.

I would not do that to a car I drive all the time but for a beater I only drive in good weather, not put kids in, and never drive real fast, I can live with it. Hey, you need a car to bring home free compost and scrap metal, put trash in the trunk to bring to landfill, why do you want to spend good money on it?

I won't do that for the look though, there is nothing sexy about a car pull to one side.

It's my understanding there are small differences in "size" between different manufacturers even if the size listed is the same. I wouldn't have mounted them this way-but it's your car.
The biggest problem is the wet traction on these 2 tires are totally different, it will pull to one side in the rain.

IF functionality is basically the same, why not have looks too? Ask your wife if she would be OK with a white refrigerator, a black dishwasher, a stainless steel oven and an avocado garbage disposal in her kitchen.

Go to tirerack, search for the tire testing, look for the same tires you have (if none available similar tire from the same brand), look at their wet braking distance and wet traction, look at their dry braking distance and dry traction. Are they the same? If not that's the amount of braking distance difference between the left and the right side of your car if you are in an emergency braking condition, and how far you may pull to the left or the right in the worst-case scenario.

Back