Did I screw up with SynLube?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Troy_Built
What facts do you have to back that up with?

Im not bashing you---just wondering.

I was half joking. I wouldn't run an eternal fill without the best filtration money can buy.

OMG......I just looked at their website. What kind of Mickey Mouse [censored] is that?

And you ran some oil from a Mickey Mouse [censored] website like SynLube?

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
This thread keeps getting better. Like a dealership mechanic wouldn't know an engine was tampered with then the mods removed? Especially bolt on mods that were bolted on then removed. In another thread they're trying to push their gear lube.

These threads are the most entertaining internet fun I've had in a long time. Having said that I think Miro and the Synlube Shills should be removed from Bitog. They should pony up the cash and sponsor their own Forums so they can pat each other on the back and talk up their products. JMO

There are a lot of things dealerships don't know about!!! I took one to court here in NJ(kerbeck),and won!! Look it up on the atlantic city court dockets if you like!!!

Dealerships loose all the time in court. How would they know anything if the car was restored to OEM properly,....people do this all the time!! It's quite easy,if you know what you are doing!! It's called,...cover your tracks!! Ask around!!

I know how to cover tracks quite well. I also know when someone covered tracks. Easy enough to see when nuts and bolts have been removed, especially on a new engine.

I will agree that in court there are times when judges are sympathetic to the little guy. But if you are tampering with something and it becomes discovered you are now playing Russian Roulette with more than one bullet in the gun.

I know how to cover tracks quite well. I also know when someone covered tracks. Easy enough to see when nuts and bolts have been removed, especially on a new engine.

I will agree that in court there are times when judges are sympathetic to the little guy. But if you are tampering with something and it becomes discovered you are now playing Russian Roulette with more than one bullet in the gun.

On a new engine it is less revealing if at all!! On an old/dirty engine more obvious!! You will only know about covered tracks when the guy doing the wrenching is sloppy!

Even If they suspect something,...that won't be enough if they are challenged. The pontiac I spoke about was worked on by a competant private mechanic. Result,new engine under warranty! Maybe next time though,..he might get caught!!

I'd look for cracked paint, and scratched metal on a new engine. If you know what to look for it is very easy. Maybe you dealt with someone who just didn't care, or wasn't looking to make an issue.

I'd look for cracked paint, and scratched metal on a new engine. If you know what to look for it is very easy. Maybe you dealt with someone who just didn't care, or wasn't looking to make an issue.

Just for the record, this was a retired IBM tech who did this mod,not myself. He is very resourceful and not alone. I have spoke to other people over the years who have done similar and got away with it, I am sure some don't,...never hear about those.

And how about the ECU?

And sometimes it's even simpler. A friend of mine took his new Camaro in to have the clutch replaced under warranty. Unfortunately for him, he left a notepad full of 0-60 times in the car.

Originally Posted By: captain_kirk
This thread keeps getting better. Like a dealership mechanic wouldn't know an engine was tampered with then the mods removed? Especially bolt on mods that were bolted on then removed. In another thread they're trying to push their gear lube.

These threads are the most entertaining internet fun I've had in a long time. Having said that I think Miro and the Synlube Shills should be removed from Bitog. They should pony up the cash and sponsor their own Forums so they can pat each other on the back and talk up their products. JMO

There are a lot of things dealerships don't know about!!! I took one to court here in NJ(kerbeck),and won!! Look it up on the atlantic city court dockets if you like!!!

Dealerships loose all the time in court. How would they know anything if the car was restored to OEM properly,....people do this all the time!! It's quite easy,if you know what you are doing!! It's called,...cover your tracks!! Ask around!!

Provide the case number, plantiff name, defendant name, court, date, if you want that done

Originally Posted By: Trajan

And how about the ECU?

And sometimes it's even simpler. A friend of mine took his new Camaro in to have the clutch replaced under warranty. Unfortunately for him, he left a notepad full of 0-60 times in the car.

As I stated, the IBM tech,...unlike your friend,actually used his brain!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back