diamond plate bed and fenders on a truck? moor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a doolie(sp) diamond plate bed and fenders on a pickup truck at the car wash yesterday. It looked like metal and painted flat black. The fender extensions were flat and angular and looks as if panel seams were welded. Even so it could have been a one-off or is it a trend?

Another new black chevy extended cab full bed had a very extensive lift kit with black wheels etc. Has tube like steps that were also side exhaust pipes! Never seen that before.

Lot of money spent on truck modifications. Must be some sort of "manly" thing. Trucks are a different world than euro sedans. :)

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Dualie
Um besides the obvious of them being pretty hillbilly?

Trucks mods are hillbilly why?

I sort of want to understand the logic behind the mods I saw. I see all sorts of diamond plate, lifted. big tires, exhausts cutting through the bed and many other mods of, IMO, questionalble taste.

BBTW, what is with running a desiel truck idling for long periods. Desiel Cars dont need to do this.

However, the truck crowd obviously has much differnt points of view. Just wish I understood them a bit more.

BTW, KY is moslty rural and ruaal areas are generally truck country so I see lots of trucks.

Last edited:
I'm a truck guy. A DIESEL truck guy. I love truck mods. I like all things tastefully done to trucks wether they be on a Peterbilt or a Ford. Lifted or lowered. As long as the mods are tasteful and the truck is clean and well cared for.

Diamond plate dually fenders and side pipe steps are just hillbilly.

I don't get offended when people refer to me as a redneck either.

In summation truck mods are not hillbilly but the mods being referred to in the Original post ARE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back