Dexron VI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been using Wal-Mart ST Dex-VI for the past few thousand miles in my 1999 Buick LeSabre. The transmission loves the stuff, as most shifts are very smooth.

It's licensed and readily available. I'm not using another Dex-VI in my Buick unless I have to.

The GM dealer told me that their Dextron VI is a blend and not a full synthetic. I'm using Valvoline Dextron VI in the tranny of my 2004 Monte Carlo SS and it still works fine.

Wayne

Originally Posted By: WishIhadatruck
Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Meijer's. 5.49/qt. Valvoline Full syn Dex VI.

That is what I've been using. In the opening post you mentioned that you only find Valvoline that is high mileage. Valvoline doesn't make a Dex VI that is hight mileage that I'm aware of. Perhaps a Dex/Merc Maxlife but the Dex VI is not Maxlife or high mileage.

My mistake...I was looking at Dexron/Mercron at Autozone. I ended up getting the Valvoline Dex VI that is 100% Synthetic, dropped the pan and changed the filter and it took 5 qt's, I also installed the B&M drain plug kit and after I drive for another month or so I am going to drain it and replace another 5 qt's. This is an 11 qt system so I figure doing this will give me about a 65% new fluid exchange...so far with just the new filter and 5 qt's of Dex VI the transmission shifts much much better, it is a lot smother and it use to hunt for gears between overdrive and 3rd going up a steep hill, now it will just downshift into 3rd and hold it until I crest the top and then shift back into overdrive. I am very pleased with this fluid so far, we will see what happens next change when I get more of the old fluid out.

Originally Posted By: sciphi
I've been using Wal-Mart ST Dex-VI for the past few thousand miles in my 1999 Buick LeSabre. The transmission loves the stuff, as most shifts are very smooth.

It's licensed and readily available. I'm not using another Dex-VI in my Buick unless I have to.

+1

My truck shifts so smooth I don't even notice. I don't know why people want to spend more money on "brand name" for no gain.
21.gif

Looks like walmart only stocks 8 qts per store based on 2 stores in my area, now I am hording this stuff like crack. Does it ever end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back