Kendall Dexron VI... any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was wondering if anyone has used Kendall's Dexron VI tranny fluid. A buddy of mine can get me a good deal on a case and was wondering.
Also, is the Dextron VI spec synthetic? I thought I read somewhere that all Dextron VI formulas are synthetic.

Thanks

Yes, it is a good product made by ConocoPhillips. Made from Group III base stocks. Most Dexron VI products are pretty close to the same as they all have to meet GM's formulation to make the grade.

Yes, Dex VI fluids are made from Group III synthetic base stocks, that is part of the formulation. I know of no licensed Dex VI product that is made with anything else.

How much per qt? To me, a good deal would be $4/qt or less for licensed Dex VI.

All licensed Dex VI should be very close in quality and performance as the requirements are very specific on base oil and additive package, from what I have read here on bitog.

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
There are syn blends (like supertech) or full syn (like Valvoline).

So it depends.

It may be an issue of interpretation by the blender. All of the Dexron-VI fluids are extremely similar.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
Originally Posted By: daves87rs
There are syn blends (like supertech) or full syn (like Valvoline).

So it depends.

It may be an issue of interpretation by the blender. All of the Dexron-VI fluids are extremely similar.

I have been using Kendall Dexron VI for two years. Works just fine. It MAY be true that all the Dexron VI fluids are similar. The Kendall Brand had the highest flash point of all the rest of the Dexron VI's (444F), so that was my deciding factor on which one to buy. To me, higher flashpoint = better basestocks. I also look at flashpoint to decide between similar motor oils.

Go ahead and buy it.

GM's spec for Dexron-VI is tough enough that only a base oil that is synthetic blend or better can meet the spec.

ConocoPhillips76Kendall makes good products. Nothing special about Kendall, but a good line of products. If C-P chose to make their products superior for competitive reasons, great, use those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back