dexosD??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I was seeing things when I first tracked down the site to look up d1G2 licenses...my old link was broken.

All I have found so far is that there will also be 5W30s....

Maybe this is dexos2 updated with LSPI tests and who knows what else?
There was an interview with an Opel engineer a while ago stating that dexos2 would soon test for LSPI...

Last edited:
dexosD is now specific for the 1500 GM trucks coming out with the new diesel in a light 0w-20 weight.

dexos2 is also for diesel as well as multi weight from 0w,5w in a 30w to 40w.

dexos1 is the gas engine spec for the average daily driver, ie Malibu, Spark, ect…..

Originally Posted by Rat407
dexosD is now specific for the 1500 GM trucks coming out with the new diesel in a light 0w-20 weight.

dexos1 is the gas engine spec for the average daily driver, ie Malibu, Spark, ect…..

Thanks, i was begining to wonder out loud like Quattro Pete did earlier in the thread.

Hmmm, must have found some bum info when googling if this is going to be 0W20s only.
Anybody found any sites with some meat in them about what kind of testing this standard will require?
I sure didn't....

Originally Posted by Rat407

So much for simplification.
wink.gif
I wonder how this will work out. FCA back-pedalled to E7, E9 or A3/B4. Ford is schizoid about phosphorus levels. How long do we give it before some sort of nightmare appears over a 0w-20 diesel oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back