Derek Daly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: JeepWJ19
It's pretty apparent and sad that we live in a time where people aren't forgiven, no matter how much remorse is shown. Second chances are far and few in-between anymore.

JMO

I completely agree with you. I am a fan of giving people a second chance when they make a mistake. Especially in something like this where it was a cultural difference.

When I worked at Sears we had a manager from England who smoked. Our district manager was there and he also smoked. Our manager said to him "fancy a (English/British word for cigarette that is a slur here)" and our DM lost it. I started laughing because I knew what was happening.

A couple of weeks ago I had a conversation with a business manager of a warehouse operation. He told how hard it was to find young people to work. Just showing up to work was too much for them. This is a good paying operation too.

I would guess that the majority of members here over the age of 50 or so used derogatory words at some point in their lives. Should we all be crucified and ruined for that? This case of the NASCAR driver is way overblown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back