Delo

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I'm not mistaken, doesn't Delo have a 10W-30 to compete with Rotella's T5? If they do, I'd love to run some. I was looking for 0W-30, but I don't think it's available in my area. I see mostly Delo 15W-40, and only see the full syn 5W-40 at Wal Mart.

I bought a case of Delo 400 LE in 10W-30 a couple of years ago and still have some. Had to get it at the Chevron distributor as a special order.

Seeing your sig, how do you think Delo 5W-40 would do in an '03 Dakota with the 4.7? It's spec'd for 5w-30, but with 222K I don't think it would hurt it.

Last edited:
Red91,

I think the Delo, or indeed, any major brand 5W-40 HDEO would be fine in your hi-mileage Dakota. I use Delo over the others simply because I really like Chevron as a company and as a product and own a few shares in Chevron.

You also might consider a high-mileage 5W-30 PCMO.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
Ive seen it on chevrons site but never in person
update. I bought a gallon of delo 5w40 at wm today! First time i have seen it. Was $17.Something a gallon. Gunna put it in the wifes quad

I'm waiting for Delo to offer a HDEO 5W-30 in my area. I figure they will since they are selling cruze diesels here now, and isn't that what's spec'd for one of those?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back