Decided on M1 for the cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I was reading back on a google search and decided if M1 is good enough for Tig1 it's good enough for the Focus and the 97' Saturn SL1 I have now. I sold my massive oil stash to a co worker that has like 7 vehicles. So far nothing bad has happened to either of my vehicles and I'm on my 3rd pic with the FU-3614 so it will have like 18-19k on it when I remove and cut it open

Whoa whoa whoa... you sold off your oil??? You didn't lose money I hope. Yeah I generally like the Mobil one filters as well. Just inspect the louvers to make sure they are opened properly. I have a M-110 in which the louvers weren't open like they should be. I have a M-103 which has good open louvers and is ready to roll.

No I actually made money selling the oil. Still have 6 FRAM pro synthetic and 2 ULTRA's to use also

Ohh ok. Very good then. Yeah can't go wrong at all with Mobil one. They make very, very good products. I will say I like how the Altima ran on the Mobil Super Synthetic. Like you said, you have the oil filters covered for awhile.

Great choice Mobil 1 has always had a pretty good reputation.. When most people think of Synthetic oil they usually think of Mobil 1
It's probably the biggest seller also so you will not have to worry about it sitting on the shelf for 6 months before you got it.

If tig1 has used it since 70's without problems it's dam good oil
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
Great choice Mobil 1 has always had a pretty good reputation.. When most people think of Synthetic oil they usually think of Mobil 1
It's probably the biggest seller also so you will not have to worry about it sitting on the shelf for 6 months before you got it.

Ha! Who cares how long its on a shelf? Are you worried about your million year old oil going bad on a shelf in 6 months? Thats not how it works.

I'm sure it'll be just fine. The biggest problem I have with Mobil products in Canada is that Imperial Oil uses some very weird jug sizes. But, I often buy a large enough quantity for it not to matter much. At least in this city, it's just about impossible to beat Delvac 1 on price if you're buying synthetic, but Formula Shell if you're looking at a conventional.

Originally Posted By: ChrisD46
Specifically - why ?
Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
I'd never use Mobile One.....
smile.gif

Probably because Mobil'e' One is not an oil.

BINGO!
I'm one of these blokes that goes bonkers when I see Mobile 1..........

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Originally Posted By: ChrisD46
Specifically - why ?
Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
I'd never use Mobile One.....
smile.gif

Probably because Mobil'e' One is not an oil.

I'm with you. I use my tablet at night and that darn autofill butchers everything- lol

Originally Posted By: meborder
You guys are clearly not dealing with autocorrect.....

Originally Posted By: jayg
Originally Posted By: crazyoildude

Ha! Who cares how long its on a shelf? Are you worried about your million year old oil going bad on a shelf in 6 months? Thats not how it works.

Mobil 1? If it's synthetic it might not be very old at all, as in days/weeks/months.

If its mineral the crude it was made from is likely to be a lot older than a million years.

A lot of it's Jurassic, say 180-140 million.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back