Deal-breakers when you're dating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two things I've learned:

1) If she has 3 or more characteristics on this chart, revaluate your relationship with her and why you chose her:
http://bpd411.org/DSMIV.html
You have some soul searching to do on this one.

2) If she controls the tip at the restaurant/bar that you leave for the server, seriously re-evaluate the relationship. No joke. If she's controlling here, she knows no boundaries.

3) lack of emotional ability to connect with you. Look at her past, if she didn't connect with her dad, other serious bf's, etc, she ain't going to connect with you either bub. (see #1 above).

Quote:
just repetitive parrots of mindless,

Go easy on the Parrots, my 3 are great talkers and are far more intelligent than most women i dated.
27.gif

OP
Smokers and kids didn't bother me but these did..

Boozers. By far the worst of the bunch.
Liar's.
Emotional issues. These can be well hidden.
I never considered dating someone who looked trashy,foul mouthed or couldn't carry on a conversation. Those can be weeded out before the dating phase.

For those who understand German and are over 18 check you tube for Voll Assi Toni. He speaks the truth.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Trav
Quote:
just repetitive parrots of mindless,

Go easy on the Parrots, my 3 are great talkers and are far more intelligent than most women i dated.
27.gif

OP
Smokers and kids didn't bother me but these did..

Boozers. By far the worst of the bunch.
Liar's.
Emotional issues. These can be well hidden.
I never considered dating someone who looked trashy,foul mouthed or couldn't carry on a conversation. Those can be weeded out before the dating phase.

For those who understand German and are over 18 check you tube for Voll Assi Toni. He speaks the truth.

Talking is good....just depends on what is coming out of the mouth. I was more or less referring to some of the younger college educated crowd that thinks spending years in school makes them wise or believe they have something interesting to say because they took a class or two. I've met people that are self taught and well read that can put most college academics to shame.

Originally Posted By: Al
Originally Posted By: Patman
And it might sound shallow, but she has to be attractive. She doesn't necessarily need to have supermodel good looks (although that's cool!) but definitely needs to be cute and keep herself in good shape too
smile.gif

Not shallow at all Patman. I think you were one of the few that had the balls to admit its extremely important. In the real world looks trumps a lot of objections. ..in spite of statements to the contrary. It may throw the guy under the buss but we (men are pretty friggin' shallow).. I have seen a few things in my 65 y ears.

36D-24-36 is solid stats. I gotta admit I'm weak.
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Originally Posted By: mva
If I was dating again:

Lying

non-drinker

religeous

So you like truthful alcoholic atheists?
grin2.gif

Yes - someone just like me
laugh.gif

Excessive talking on a cell phone during a date is a big turnoff . Texting is also included in this category .

Originally Posted By: Al
Originally Posted By: Patman
And it might sound shallow, but she has to be attractive. She doesn't necessarily need to have supermodel good looks (although that's cool!) but definitely needs to be cute and keep herself in good shape too
smile.gif

Not shallow at all Patman. I think you were one of the few that had the balls to admit its extremely important. In the real world looks trumps a lot of objections. ..in spite of statements to the contrary. It may throw the guy under the buss but we (men are pretty friggin' shallow).. I have seen a few things in my 65 y ears.

Hey, I'm right there with you guys. I just didn't put attractiveness on my list because without that, there wouldn't be any deal to break.
lol.gif

Know-it-alls. You can't tell them anything.

Women who throw money at a problem, rather than rolling up their sleeves and meeting the problem head-on.

If you plan on getting married the most important things in my opinion are:

1. religious beliefs
2. Morals/values
3. Someone that you would want to be a mother to your future children
4. matching intimacy interests/amounts
5. This one is a must for me but maybe not for others nice teeth and sexy feet!

I suppose to answer the original question the deal breakers would be the lack of those things.

Complaining/negative

Constantly distracted by cell.phone

Smoking

More than ocassional drinking

Bad hygiene

No ambition

Jealous about everything type

Bad manners

Financially irresponsible ....such as high credit card debt and does not save a single dime or understand the word SAVE

Materialistic....judging people by what they appear to have and has to have nice things to show off to everyone even if they cant afford it

I find it humorous that "no ambition/lack of ambition" keeps coming up.

Some people confuse doing what you are good at and like with a "lack of ambition".

When I was dating, I was involved with several professional women who's deal breaker was that I, "lacked ambition".

They liked that I could clean up nicely, could order the right wine for the right entree' at the right restaurants, knew which fork to use, well spoken, well read...etc...but couldn't get past the part where I wore a navy blue work shirt with my company's name and my name sewn on in patches on my chest.

Sure, I did not become a world famous award winning builder of car stereos like I had planned on doing in high school. Not everyone can muster the resources and be in the right place at the right time to do that. Nope. But I greatly preferred (and still do to this day) getting out into a garage and working with my hands rather than being chained to a desk all day. And that, was a deal breaker with the big cosmetic company product packaging designer, ESL teacher (mandarin), and social worker. (The social worker seemed a bit ironic to me. all those years of college for a $30,000 a year salary?)

6 pages of deal breakers from men and none from women? Either women don't have deal breakers or they all have the same one.

Originally Posted By: ToyotaNSaturn
Two things I've learned:

1) If she has 3 or more characteristics on this chart, revaluate your relationship with her and why you chose her:
http://bpd411.org/DSMIV.html
You have some soul searching to do on this one.

2) If she controls the tip at the restaurant/bar that you leave for the server, seriously re-evaluate the relationship. No joke. If she's controlling here, she knows no boundaries.

3) lack of emotional ability to connect with you. Look at her past, if she didn't connect with her dad, other serious bf's, etc, she ain't going to connect with you either bub. (see #1 above).

I have personal experience with numbers one and three. They are so very, very true! Unfortunately, you won't know what these characteristics look like unless you have been already been run through the wringer by them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back