Daytona Weekend

🟨 Caution Lap 190. wreck on the front stretch, 4, 5, 9, 62, 43, 38 involved.
UGH! I just saw that. Its getting to seem almost like NASCAR must have a rule that we need a wreck under 50 laps. Really though Harvick lost his draft or got affected by the side cars wind and then he just could not slow down quick enough. Unfortunate. I hate when guys running good get smacked OUT OF IT! even if they can get back on the track.

That second pic is earnhardts death in 01, but I remember the wreck you're talking about. Very violent.
Bad mistake. Got too much respect for that man so I am going to remove that one.
I did think he was done when he rolled along in that fence at Talladega.
I saw video of that Petty one before and it is unbelieveable he walked away. There are some videos where he is interviewed about it. Kyle Petty and his mother talk on the video too about his dads wrecks.

Bad mistake. Got too much respect for that man so I am going to remove that one.
I did think he was done when he rolled along in that fence at Talladega.
I saw video of that Petty one before and it is unbelieveable he walked away. There are some videos where he is interviewed about it. Kyle Petty and his mother talk on the video too about his dads wrecks.
He was the real deal. I remember him cleaning his own windshield at Richmond fairgrounds in 86 or 87. Hopped up on the door sill going down the front stretch under caution and cleaned it off. They wouldn't pit him because they didn't wanna lose track position

🏁 🏁 Unofficial Top 10:

1. Austin Cindric
2. Bubba Wallace
3. Chase Briscoe
4. Ryan Blaney
5. Aric Almirola
6. Kyle Busch
7. Michael McDowell
8. David Ragan
9. Brad Keselowski
10. Chase Elliott

Austin is the first rookie to drive the 2 in Cup and today is Roger Penske's birthday.

🏁 🏁 Unofficial Top 10:

1. Austin Cindric
2. Bubba Wallace
3. Chase Briscoe
4. Ryan Blaney
5. Aric Almirola
6. Kyle Busch
7. Michael McDowell
8. David Ragan
9. Brad Keselowski
10. Chase Elliott

Austin is the first rookie to drive the 2 in Cup and today is Roger Penske's birthday.
Not a bad birthday present

Yes and WOW!!! A big part is having the nerves / talent and the crew to be there at the moment the right move presents itself.

One of the first NASCAR races I really enjoyed a lot in the last several years
Maybe 22 will be different. Nascar, like a lot of organizations, has had a bit of an identity crisis over the last few years. Maybe with this new car they can pin their identity down. Looks like they've built a great race car that evens the playing field a good bit. Still some hiccups, but that's to be expected. I'm going to try to stay with it this season. I think the last full season I followed was 2016....

Maybe 22 will be different. Nascar, like a lot of organizations, has had a bit of an identity crisis over the last few years. Maybe with this new car they can pin their identity down. Looks like they've built a great race car that evens the playing field a good bit. Still some hiccups, but that's to be expected. I'm going to try to stay with it this season. I think the last full season I followed was 2016....
very impressed with features of the new cars. You know of course no matter how screwed up things in NASCAR get its pretty hard for them to mess up Daytona. STep on gas and hang on! LOL I loved how we got to see steady racing instead of far too many cautions.(y)

I saw the highlights this AM, that was more like a demolition derby than a car race.

bahha the sports announcers on the morning am radio show said there was a lot of empty seats in the stands. Ha wonder why when it was supposedly sold out.

Last edited:
Read the article, which gave absolutely no details. Are those teams all running chrome wheels? Is that the issue? I think loganos car looks darn spiffy with chrome wheels.
They had modified them to help them get the wheels on correctly. There's an issue with that which showed up in the Big race.

Back