Daytona Weekend

Anyone watching the races this weekend? I forgot about the duels on Thursday night, but got the highlights on YouTube last night. Had the truck race on last night, now I'm watching the Arca race. Next up is Xfinity.

The Arca race was quite a snoozer. Xfinity race looking more competitive.

What's with NASCAR confiscating the FORD rims, GM complaining about the FORD dominance again. :LOL:
1645316483482.jpg

The Xfinity race was good. Scary crash on the last lap with Myatt Snyder. Was hoping allmendinger would get the win.

Read the article, which gave absolutely no details. Are those teams all running chrome wheels? Is that the issue? I think loganos car looks darn spiffy with chrome wheels.
Chrome wheels are not allowed per the rulebook. They current monolug wheels are ordered from BBS in the finish the teams want. The dark grey color is the default and has the shortest lead time per what I have heard on NASCAR radio. Back when MWR ran "chrome" wheels, they were painted chrome.

Anyone watching the races this weekend? I forgot about the duels on Thursday night, but got the highlights on YouTube last night. Had the truck race on last night, now I'm watching the Arca race. Next up is Xfinity.
Can't wait till the flag drops tomorrow. Its one of my three favorites for the past 55 years. Watch the Indy 500 also and the Charlotte 600 the same day on Memorial Day holiday weekend. Started to watch Daytona 500 at 10 years old when you had to wait and see the replay the next day on (Mondays) because Tv networks did not deem it popular enough to rate LIVE coverage. Times have really changed. Since about 1985 NASCAR has been given more and more media attention each year. Most of my favorite drivers, cars & teams are retired these days so its fun to watch a newer crowd of talented young guns slugging it out.

Looking forward to the Sunday race. Hope its not a boring demolition derby type of race.
yes, those tend to be bad when the field gets whittled down from so many knocked out the race or taped and patched together just making laps in the rear after they are damaged so bad they really can't compete - just going around to collect points.

Chrome wheels are not allowed per the rulebook. They current monolug wheels are ordered from BBS in the finish the teams want. The dark grey color is the default and has the shortest lead time per what I have heard on NASCAR radio. Back when MWR ran "chrome" wheels, they were painted chrome.
I did not realize that.

Those don't really look chrome... polished?

BBS overs PVD "chrome" on some wheels too so i wonder if PVD chrome is "chrome"...

Read the article, which gave absolutely no details. Are those teams all running chrome wheels? Is that the issue? I think loganos car looks darn spiffy with chrome wheels.
RFK claiming it was for a safety reason they made modifications Yea right. My understanding is the wheels were never on track might help the level of penalty but yes I think NASCAR will come down on them.

Yep seems NASCAR claiming they have video of mechanic grinding on pinholes and team saying its a safety modification and they have data to prove it.

Should be intresting.

Yep seems NASCAR claiming they have video of mechanic grinding on pinholes and team saying its a safety modification and they have data to prove it.

Should be intresting.
If it was safety issue you would have went to NASCAR with issue any fan even a idiot knows you can not modify parts with said you ain’t cheating you ain’t trying.

I have no skin in the game, i haven't watched nascar is probably 2 years... just caught my attention with confiscating wheels...

How are the Monte Carlo Aerocoupes doing these days 😇

Back