Daytona Weekend

In the off season Petty Enterprises combined forced with GMS to form Petty GMS Motorsports. They have the 42 car with Ty Dillon and the 43 with Erik Jones.
I thought / think so too. I had to look real close. I did manage to spot a 43 car but it IS NOT listed as a Petty Enterprise car. Found out somethings I had missed the last few years.
R.P.E. is just like a bunch of other big corporations these days. Apparently he sold majority a while back keeping about 30% and SOME race controls. They have had 3-4 owners and CEOs since. Again, under new management this year. Richard recently said he thinks the current folks in charge this year actually seem to care if they can and will try to win some races. That is nice. Hate to see that 43 just going round an round with little to no chance of getting up front since he retired.

Woof! How did #43 get to the front? Stage change stuff? Left Tv for a bit and ..... then? #43 way up front? I like it. Would love to see that car in victory lane once again. Nostalgia / brings back memeories when it seemed like #43 was the only car on the track. I admit , they had such a sponsorship advantage over many others but they were very talented like the entire Wood brothers teams. Both those teams put 100+ % in to it every day at every track.

Woof! How did #43 get to the front? Stage change stuff? Left Tv for a bit and ..... then? #43 way up front? I like it. Would love to see that car in victory lane once again. Nostalgia / brings back memeories when it seemed like #43 was the only car on the track. I admit , they had such a sponsorship advantage over many others but they were very talented like the entire Wood brothers teams. Both those teams put 100+ % in to it every day at every track.
I believe they did fuel only on the last pit sequence.

🟨 End of stage 2

Stage 2 top 10:

1. Martin Truex Jr.
2. Joey Logano
3. Bubba Wallace
4. Brad Keselowski
5. Ricky Stenhouse Jr.
6. Austin Cindric
7. Chris Buescher
8. Kevin Harvick
9. Kyle Larson
10. Todd Gilliland

The 16 should be the beneficiary

Their gonna have to lift these cars. Two flats on one side is a no go.

Well they could NOT run the race today without the "Demolition Derby segments" twice at that. Still, two scariest wrecks ever was Richard Petty
at Dayton in the 80s & Dale Earnhardt Talladega 1990s.
Petty-Crash.jpg
View attachment 89793

Back