Daughter's Civic in my signature...

Yep
33% PLUS expenses off the top
(50% + on appeal that can go on for years.
You can go from getting the same car to a 5 year older car
Unless injured it’s a mistake
And even then you can get injuries without a lawyer
I got my cousin 900,000. The max of the other guys policy with no fees 300,000 per person.
That included 300,000 for him, a witness unhurt.
What are your abilities?
You can also try, see what happens and get a lawyer later if needed

Glad she is ok! As stated that's the most important part. I'm impressed with how the Civic held up to that crash. I've seen many, much older Civic's and the results were not good. Glad to see such a big improvement.

That license plate has some age to it! I thought I was "pesky" not giving up the gold/blue for the ohhh so plain jane 2019 to present plate.

I got smashed into in a Fiesta right outside of Scott AFB; ended up with only minor aches and pains. I was looked over and deemed fit within a few seconds. Waste of time. Hopefully her doc will be more attentive.

or how the boy's insurance company will handle it.
I'll strongly advise that she file a claim with her own insurance company so that they take care of her to the fullest. The other party's insurance will do the bare minimum. The other insurance is NOT her friend and is NOT on her side.

I'll strongly advise that she file a claim with her own insurance company so that they take care of her to the fullest. The other party's insurance will do the bare minimum. The other insurance is NOT her friend and is NOT on her side.
She IS NOT filing a claim with her own insurance company however, she has involved her insurance company. She is working with an agent who she says, has been very helpful and hopefully will help to get her the full amount from the other insurance company for her car as is suitable in todays time in order to get a suitable replacement vehicle. And if needed to go to court, they will be with her. But really, only time will tell what will happen. Let's be real! :whistle:

If no injuries or lost work claim, you will get a check from the other insurance company for the wrecked Civic. You can also do the same with your own insurance company under collision who will simply subrogate the claim and bill the other insurance company.

You'll have two offers in hand that hopefully translate something reasonable to replace the car. Remember 2015 Civics are expensive now so look at local market as the offers may have potential of being out of date.

Good luck!

If no injuries or lost work claim, you will get a check from the other insurance company for the wrecked Civic. You can also do the same with your own insurance company under collision who will simply subrogate the claim and bill the other insurance company.
The chances of this being a zero injury hit is very low.

Problem is - someone who is driving an older Grand Prix generally doesn't fit the profile of someone with high liability limits.

I would have her get X-rays of the vertebrae , especially the neck . Sometimes it'll take years for something to show up . I was rear-ended at a red light of a 4 way intersection that pushed the car into the middle of it . The driver seat was bent flat like that of a lounge chair to lay down . A few years later had an X-ray of the neck ( forget the reason ) and was asked if I had been in a car incident 😲 . Said I was rear-ended a while ago . Glad they're O.K. . Keeps your eyes at the rear view mirror more . Have had grinding and cracking of the neck since . Especially , after another rear-ending that totaled the car . KEEP ALERT !

Last edited:
Glad she is ok. I got slammed like that on I-95 when traffic stopped. About 20 years ago in a w123 Mercedes. I was fine but she rammed my car out of the way and proceeded to keep moving and make another three car pileup.

Back