Daughter in hospital for 12 days and counting

Status
Not open for further replies.
My oldest daughter came through the house the other day. She had a test scheduled after work and dropped by to use the shower (worked overnight). We're much closer than her driving home. I ran a few errands and came home to no one there. Finally got a call from the wife. They admitted her to the maternity floor.

She's only 21 weeks pregnant and she's fully dilated. They have her on her back with head lowered to keep all pressure off the fetus in an attempt to stay off spontaneous delivery. If she can hold out for 12 more days they'll try and find a neo-natal unit that will take over her care. If the delivery occurs before that point, there's not much chance of survival. Even if the 24 week threshold is met, that early in the last trimester is probably going to have challenges to it.

The wife took off work and is staying over night with her ..only coming home for a couple of hours in the morning while the doctors are making rounds. I'm running everything else and spending most of the early evening hours with both of them.

Outside of this snag, the baby is perfectly healthy.

They prepared her for the worst at the onset. Now it appears as we move forward the doctors and nurses are appearing more optimistic of the outcome. It's still minute to minute.

If you all wouldn't mind, I'd really appreciate some thoughts sent her way in your daily meditations.

Her name is Kimberly.

Well gary I will keep you and kimberly in my prayers. Btw congradulations on your respecitve grandchild. My wife is 30. Weeks along so I definatly hope all is welll

Meditations...No.........Prayers....Yes.

Is that you in the pic Gary?

If so you are nothing like I pictured you from your posts. I was thinking more of like the Professor from Gilligans Island......:)

Originally Posted By: ZZman
Meditations...No.........Prayers....Yes.

Is that you in the pic Gary?

You talking about the one in the center or on the right? (J/K!)
Your family is in my prayers Gary.

I'm wishing you all the best, Gary. That pic of you and your daughter is a really nice one; you can see how close you are!

If you're daughter has a constitution like you, I get a feeling she'll be just fine. You don't strike me as someone who 'breaks' easily, and I doubt she is either.

Thoughts and prayers with you and your family. I was 3lbs 11oz when I was born premie. 6'1" 225lbs 36y/o now. She will make it. We are all praying she does too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back