Danika loses ride, finally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Brad_C
Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
I'm glad a grew up in a time of risky fun for children.

One day when I have children, they'll never get to experience such things because DCF will lock me up and take me away for letting them walk a block to their school.

I keep telling my wife we need to move into a house with a bigger yard to give the kids adequate room to go and hurt themselves. I fear the oncoming cotton wool society we are breeding.

We did just that for my son and moved from in town to a house on a 4 acre wooded lot. He is now 6, and needs to go explore and experience the real world. He LOVES being outside, and I could not be more happy that he has the room to roam around now.

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Originally Posted By: Panzerman
I think your all.missing the point. The Romans used the sports to distract simple mindset from the corruption and the utter unraveling of Rome. Distract the masses.
Still works to this day.

thumbsup2.gif
01.gif

It works so good. Back on subject,, Dannica drives better that I could ever could and is way,way,way, more pleasant to look at as well.

Originally Posted By: CT8
........Dannica drives better than I could ever could.......

I hear this a lot here, and on other forums where her performance has been criticized. While it may be a true statement, it's relatively meaningless. The worst professional in ANY sport, could easily beat the best amateur. That in itself proves nothing. It's like saying an 8th grader is smarter than a 4th grader. They are on different levels, and as such they cannot be compared. "Grading on a curve" won't work if you throw a bunch of amateurs in with professionals.... Especially on a race track.

I will repeat.....the problem with Danica isn’t the driving, it’s the racing. She loses her nerve quickly with other real racers around her. So, she isn’t really a race car driver. She’s a poseur, in it for the publicity and glorification. This is why she is so reviled by true racing fans.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Indydriver
I will repeat.....the problem with Danica isn’t the driving, it’s the racing. She loses her nerve quickly with other real racers around her. So, she isn’t really a race car driver. She’s a poseur, in it for the publicity and glorification. This is why she is so reviled by true racing fans.

LOL the good ole boys have wrecked her so many times to knock her out of races you'd be a little paranoid as well.

Danica was hired to make money for the people who hired her. I am sure the team owners exactly knew her ability to the sixth decimal point.

So many D haters. I,always rooted for her to do well. I finally concluded she was just not as fast as the elite drivers and she seemed to be involved in too many wrecks. Sorry she lost her ride.

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Originally Posted By: Indydriver

LOL the good ole boys have wrecked her so many times to knock her out of races you'd be a little paranoid as well.

So, the guy who found (Real Racer) Dan Gurney’s death worthy of a lousy joke wants to defend Danny’s lack of skill?

My opinion of her was formed by her original IndyCar exploits, before she got to NASCAR. We all laughed when she made the move. After wearing out her welcome here, she had a whole new kettle of fish to fool (for a while). She is capable of qualifying well but always, and I mean ALWAYS immediately goes backwards once the green flag falls. People here who call us knowledgeable race fans “haters” simply don’t know her full history or don’t understand or care about great racers. Now she’s intent on ruining the 102nd running of the greatest race in Motorsports and it saddens me.

Last edited:
It was a NASCAR experiment to attract female viewers to a dying sport.

Just like the Monster Energy sponsorship to attract younger teen fans....

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
....Just like the Monster Energy sponsorship to attract younger teen fans....

Personally I think both NASCAR and the NHRA have been sliding downhill ever since Winston and Marlboro were banned from advertising in motorsports. Now all of the sudden the government, in their infinite wisdom, has determined it is "better" to ban tobacco advertising, and instead allow hard liquor companies to sponsor motor racing. I guess it's easier in theory to "Drink Responsibly", than it is to do the same smoking, or chewing.

Why did Sprint stop their NASCAR sponsorship ?

No matter who the sponsor is...... NASCAR is a dying sport and the France family is making it worse with silly rules.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Why did Sprint stop their NASCAR sponsorship?

Most likely for the same reason Powerade dumped the NHRA and Mello Yellow took over. These corporations invest a lot in sponsoring these series. If they don't feel they're getting a high enough return on their investment, they quit. Even Danica couldn't keep Go Daddy happy enough to stay on board with her. And yet all we heard about was her ability to draw in sponsors, and make money for them.

Today there is a high turnover rate in racing sponsorships. Especially among drivers. In years past look at how long Jeff Gordon was sponsored by DuPont. Or Mark Martin by Valvoline. Or John Force by Castrol. Or Kenny Bernstein by Budweiser. It was through the better part of their careers. Today it seems to change every year. A lot of it is because these sports are sliding in popularity. One only has to look at the stands at these races. They seem to be practically empty most of the time.

Originally Posted By: spiderbypass
State Farm should have Danica in commercial as designated driver for drunk packer players
She's already on it.

Gives her something to do while her new boyfriend Aaron Rodgers is showering after a game.

I think her best shot is with an Indycar. The indy cars weigh about 1/2 the weight of a Nascar. See only weighs about 90-95 pounds. I don't think she was strong enough to "manhandle" those Nascars for 4 hours. But going back to Indycar with a 10 year hiatus is going to be a huge challenge. The cars have changed so much over the years she's been away. Jmo.

Originally Posted By: billt460
Personally I think both NASCAR and the NHRA have been sliding downhill ever since Winston and Marlboro were banned from advertising in motorsports. Now all of the sudden the government, in their infinite wisdom, has determined it is "better" to ban tobacco advertising, and instead allow hard liquor companies to sponsor motor racing. I guess it's easier in theory to "Drink Responsibly", than it is to do the same smoking, or chewing.

You should have seen the gnashing of teeth in the late 1990s here when tobacco had to depart the Montreal GP, not to mention everything else. Don't worry, liquor will be the next sponsorship banned, followed by energy drinks.

Originally Posted By: FZ1
I think her best shot is with an Indycar. The indy cars weigh about 1/2 the weight of a Nascar. See only weighs about 90-95 pounds. I don't think she was strong enough to "manhandle" those Nascars for 4 hours. But going back to Indycar with a 10 year hiatus is going to be a huge challenge. The cars have changed so much over the years she's been away. Jmo.

You are right but for the wrong reason. IndyCar techs the weight with no driver onboard. At 100 lbs, DP will have 50-100 lbs advantage over every other driver in the field. If you’ve ever run gocarts, you can understand what a huge advantage this is. It’s what drove champion Sam Hornish to NASCAR. He got tired of killing himself to maintain 150 with no chance of ever achieving a level playing field. So, a slight woman will have a permanent advantage in IndyCar. And yet, there’s never been a breakthrough. It must be something else.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back