Dang Gas Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paid 4.20 a couple days ago.
Today paid 4.16
Same Chevron station both times. A little surprised it went down a little.

Oil went down sharply in the last week. Hard to tell if this is a short term slide or beginning of something more serious (like investors realizing the world is entering another recession).

I can fuel up for $3.59 a gallon 87 and $3.81 a gallon 93 in Dorchester. On Dorchester Ave. Same price cash/credit.

My gauge has not left full, i keep keeping it full at that price!

Filled up for $3.15 this morning. Drove by the station on the way home. $3.25. Went a couple more miles to the next Marathon station that I know had it for $3.15 this morning and it had jumped to $3.35. And the $3.35 station is usually the slightly cheaper station so I'm sure the other one has adjusted by now.

Crazy.

Originally Posted By: Jimmy9190
It went up 16 cents/gallon for regular 87 here overnight. Just in time for the busiest travel day of the year...Wonder how that happened??

I heard that gas stations can't raise price for gas that is already in their tanks. If they are going to raise prices, they can do so for their next delivery. IDK how much of that is true, but if it is I'm sure there are many gas stations violating the law.

Edit: $3.88 off brand regular in westchester county NY

Last edited:
The price in So Cal keeps going up almost everyday the last 3-4 weeks. It was as low as $3.49 for 87 at the USA station nearest to my house just 3-4 weeks ago, then it keeps going up 2-3 cents a day or two. It was $3.81 just 3 days ago when I filled up, today it is $3.93.

What's going on with gas price lately ? Is it only in So Cal or the price is up everywhere else ?

Not just So Cal. It's been the same here. USA Gas here raise theirs .10 overnight. From 3.09 to 3.19 today. Here comes another 4.50 to 5.00 summer again.

Freshly printed trillions of dollars at work. Why don't you mention that to the economists that are complaining their official inflation is too low under 2%.

$3.96.9 @ Chevron (posted).
$3.91.9 getting my .05c off/gallon using my Chevron gift card.
It's getting up there again

gas prices here the last two weeks have gone up from $3.45 to $3.75.... why do the prices keep going up when we have a surplus of gas in this country. seems like it is no longer supply and demand, more like investors driving up the prices. govt keeps saying we need to stimulate the economy. less money spent is gas would be more money spent at the mall, movies etc.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back