Dallas Cowboys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dallas is good on the road, and CAN play well enough to beat any team, but I just don't see them playing enough good games in a row to go all the way...they're gonna have a stinker in there...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Spazdog
Originally Posted By: dernp
Originally Posted By: Dallas69
Very big win over the Eagles
Love em or hate em you have to give them alot of credit for getting 10 wins and top of the NFC East
If they get in the playoffs they might cause some trouble but I think their defense will hurt them
Every year there is a surprize team so who knows

Not gonna happen as long as Romo QB. He is not playoff caliber and with Demarco Murray injured, they are as good as done.

Unfortunately,my wife is a staunch Romo defender.
smirk.gif

She continuously reminds me of his passer rating. Just behind Aaron Rodgers and ahead of Peyton Manning.

21.gif
If Trent Dilfer and Eli Manning can win a Super Bowl, why not Romo?

Broadway Joe himself only had two seasons that he threw more touchdowns than interceptions.

Cowboys best shot at it is to go in as a Wild Card team. They lose at Jerry World.

Romo is a big game choker, and he's yet to do anything to prove that mantra wrong...

Did you not see the win over Eagles??
Romo also figured out how to beat the best defense in the NFL (Hawks). When he is healthy I would not under estimate him. Personally I know what two fractured vertebra feel like. Hats off to him for even being out there.

Originally Posted By: John_Conrad
are the cowboys in a wildcard game too, regardless of how they do vs the colts and redskins?

Cowboys haven't clinched anything yet. The have the same record as the two current wild card teams, Green Bay and Seattle.

Dallas is in control of its destiny for the division title, but as far as I can see they would need to win outright as a tie would give it to Philadelphia based on better division record.

You are correct
They have to win the final games unless the Eagles keep losing which is very possible

Dallas has Indy at home and Washington away. Philly plays Washington and NY Giants both away games. I believe both teams should win out. Indy will be a test for Dallas especially if Demarco doesnt play but since it's in Dallas its going to be easier and Indy has beat up on a lot of [censored] teams and lost to all the really good teams which Dallas is one as well.

that is why i asked, i did not think they were a wild card seed for sure yet.

and yeah anything is possible on any sunday pro football, i've seen some wild things like oakland over the chiefs first game, then chiefs over them at home...

Last edited:
I'm hoping they play on the road if they make the playoffs. They are terrible at home and look like a Championship caliber team on the road.

Yes I did, what's your point?

Originally Posted By: Blaze
Romo also figured out how to beat the best defense in the NFL (Hawks). When he is healthy I would not under estimate him. Personally I know what two fractured vertebra feel like. Hats off to him for even being out there.

Anyone who watches the NFL knows the Hawks were going through a bad stretch of play during the point in the season when Dallas played them...anyone who thinks Dallas can go into SEA NOW and do the same thing again is in for a rude awakening...

Originally Posted By: grampi

Peter King of SI MMQB put it best. The cowboys of yester years would have gone into a big must win game and stunk up the joint. Not this years Cowboys. With the O line development to the maturation of Demarco Murray they are a totally different team.

Last edited:
grampi

Well, that is why the game has to be played. Seen too many things happen that leaves me scratching my head.!!!

I saw the Rams beat the Seahawks early in the season with Davis at Quarterback. Either Davis has a tremendous potential to play quaterback(he was brought in from his High School coaching job when the rams were out of QB's) or the Seahawks have been beat once too many times this season for me to say they are the same team as last year.

So we have to play the games and see the outcome.

Last edited:
deven
i do like what i see with the cowboys line and murray. i don't think it's all murray. i see the whole line moving and murray is right in there following his blockers.

although i have not seen too many of their games, so we'll see how they hold out vs the colts.

Last edited:

deven
i do like what i see with the cowboys line and murray. i don't think it's all murray. i see the whole line moving and murray is right in there following his blockers.

although i have not seen too many of their games, so we'll see how they hold out vs the colts.

John I agree with you that it has a lot to do with the OLine. Just the threat of the running game leads the opponents defense to stay honest and bring a linebacker closer to the line of scrimmage. This leads for a better passing game and easier throws for Romo. Romo makes some dumb throws under pressure so the development of the line was essential. The line is helping Romo a whole lot more than Murray in my opinion.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: deven

Peter King of SI MMQB put it best. The cowboys of yester years would have gone into a big must win game and stunk up the joint. Not this years Cowboys. With the O line development to the maturation of Demarco Murray they are a totally different team.

Maybe, but they won't win, or even make it to the SB...Romo will do something in the playoffs (like fumble, or throw a pick at a crucial point in the game that costs them the game...mark my words...

grampi

Well, that is why the game has to be played. Seen too many things happen that leaves me scratching my head.!!!

I saw the Rams beat the Seahawks early in the season with Davis at Quarterback. Either Davis has a tremendous potential to play quaterback(he was brought in from his High School coaching job when the rams were out of QB's) or the Seahawks have been beat once too many times this season for me to say they are the same team as last year.

So we have to play the games and see the outcome.

They obviously aren't the same team they were last year, but they are a much better team now than they were before they began the current win streak they're in...in fact, the only way I see SEA not winning the SB again this year is if they have to go to GB in the post season, and that doesn't look like it's gonna happen...

Originally Posted By: deven

Maybe, but they won't win, or even make it to the SB...Romo will do something in the playoffs (like fumble, or throw a pick at a crucial point in the game that costs them the game...mark my words...

I'm with you. Romo and Peyton Manning are some of the biggest choke artists in the game today. I think Romo will do so as well but the probability is less this year due to the success of their running game. This gives Cowboys fan hope little as it may be.

You said Romo cant win big games
Football is a team game-not won or lost by 1player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back