Dallas Cowboys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
Dallas defense is the blame. Rodgers torched them for over 220 plus yards in the second half.

espn reported Dallas defense only blitz Rodgers 2 out of 20 drop backs in the 2nd half. defensive playcalling was bad.

Originally Posted By: deven
Even though I picked Green Bay to win, I am rooting for the Cowboys. I think they have the best chance to upset this weekend!

Selling my Colts short I see. Now it is time to go into Gillette and watch the team get their teeth kicked in by N.E.

As a Denver Broncos fan I was very disappointed in the play of the Broncos. Peyton Manning easily could have run 5 yards for a first down and the Broncos have really not had much of a pass rush for about 6 weeks or so. And Talib who is supposed to be such a great cornerback did not play well at all.

The Colts deserved to win. Sure, I am a Broncos fan but I can admit the obvious. In fact it is a wonder the Colts did not score more.

Any of the four teams left could probably play well in the Super Bowl. My guess is that the Seahawks and the Patriots will be in the Super Bowl. Those two teams are the best teams I think. Although if it wound up being the Colts and Packers that would be okay with me.

Peyton Manning looked real bad to me. His throws were all over the place. his passes were behind receivers, overthrown balls, etc. He didn't look like himself. Even the fans were booing the denver broncos on their home field. Peyton might retire.

I think it is probably time for Peyton to retire. Although he may have had injuries affecting his play that we are not aware of.

I am very much a Denver Broncos fan but I am not some sort of fanatic. At the end of the season the General Manager and Head Coach of a team have to make honest evaluations of their football team and what they need to improve their football team.

Hard to say exactly what is going to happen when it comes to the quarterback position but I think Denver has certain needs like a right offensive tackle, another pass rushing defensive end, and maybe other needs depending on what players they may lose in free agency.

The Colts deserved to win that game. They played better. Sure, I wanted the Broncos to win. But I can be honest and admit that the Broncos were outplayed.

Originally Posted By: dave1251
Originally Posted By: deven
Even though I picked Green Bay to win, I am rooting for the Cowboys. I think they have the best chance to upset this weekend!

Selling my Colts short I see. Now it is time to go into Gillette and watch the team get their teeth kicked in by N.E.

Haha...honestly I've never thought highly of the Colts all season because they would rout the bad teams and lose badly to the elite teams.
As much as I want to give credit to the team for reaching the AFC championship game they also got a little lucky by facing a cincy team without their best WR and TE. Today Peyton looked worse than he has the last 6 weeks and even the WRs were frustrated because he was missing wide open throws. Emmanuel should easily had 2 TDs in this game.
Good luck to Indy next week. Its going to be tough beating the Pats at Gillette but the Coltsnow have found a running game with Herron. So it wont be as easy as how they won in Indy. We shall see. Cant wait for the game!!

Originally Posted By: Mystic
As a Denver Broncos fan I was very disappointed in the play of the Broncos. Peyton Manning easily could have run 5 yards for a first down and the Broncos have really not had much of a pass rush for about 6 weeks or so. And Talib who is supposed to be such a great cornerback did not play well at all.

The Colts deserved to win. Sure, I am a Broncos fan but I can admit the obvious. In fact it is a wonder the Colts did not score more.

Any of the four teams left could probably play well in the Super Bowl. My guess is that the Seahawks and the Patriots will be in the Super Bowl. Those two teams are the best teams I think. Although if it wound up being the Colts and Packers that would be okay with me.

Manning was playing on two pulled quads. This also has been affecting his throws since at his age and through at least 4 neck surgeries has really affected his arm strength now he needs to put everything he has into his throws to be effective. If you want to be him now the best chance teams have is to dirty up his pocket so he can not drive with his legs to make his throws. If he does not drive with his legs he throws those floaters everywhere.

Also besides RT Clady looked like a shell of his former self also. I do not understand how such a good line last season could come back with it's starters healthy and preform like a bunch of scrubs.

The Cowboys lost, y'all.
frown.gif

(*I don't follow football, but I am a Cowboys fan by association.)

No glory to end this year, lol

Originally Posted By: Spazdog
Originally Posted By: dblshock
after they went into their failure funk the last 15 years I tought that old 'America's Team' montra ship sailed.

Are they really still "Americas Team"?

Obviously in the days of Tom Landry, Dandy Don Meredith, Craig Morton, Roger Staubach, Tony Dorsett...etc... they were a class act. They were what America should be. Even if they did lose Super Bowls to Baltimore and Pittsburg.

We still remember Meredith and Starr. Will anyone remember Rodgers and Romo in 50 years? Their stats are probably better, but I don't think we will.

Rodgers? definitely. Romo? Probably not...

Oh, I think they will remember Rogers. He has already been in the Super Bowl and he has already been on a winning Super Bowl team. I would have to check to see, but I think he has been on two Super Bowl winning teams.

Don't worry. He will be in the Hall of Fame.

Rodgers is a very good qb
I just wish he was 100% this week
He wont have all day to throw Sunday

Originally Posted By: Dallas69

I really don't know how they're going to attack that defense...it would've been tough enough for GB to win with Rodgers at 100%, let alone not at 100%...they could still win, but it's gonna be tough...

Originally Posted By: grampi
Originally Posted By: Dallas69

I really don't know how they're going to attack that defense...it would've been tough enough for GB to win with Rodgers at 100%, let alone not at 100%...they could still win, but it's gonna be tough...

Its not even that Rodgers is 100% or not but the Packers have been a very average team with a healthy Rodgers away from Lambeau. Dunno what it is with this team but they struggle on the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back