Dallas Cowboys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Dallas69
You said Romo cant win big games
Football is a team game-not won or lost by 1player

Truth is he cant. He makes bone head plays which other top tier QBs dont make. This is not just my opinion but most all media people on ESPN and NFL network. Romo went on NFL network after a win on TNF and chirped at Deion Sanders and Marshall Faulk because they have said in the past that Romo isnt a clutch qb.
Any great clutch stories you'd like to share about Romo in the playoffs?

He hasnt been on many teams good enougth to make the playoffs
For every bad play he makes there are many more good plays
Look at all the times he gets his team in the lead in the fourth qtr and then the defense cant hold it and its back on the offense to score again
Hes always trying to make plays and he will make mistakes like all qbs
Just look at Peyton in the Superbowl last year
Brady against the Giants
With the game on the line there only a handful of qbs that I would take over Romo

Originally Posted By: deven

I'm with you. Romo and Peyton Manning are some of the biggest choke artists in the game today. I think Romo will do so as well but the probability is less this year due to the success of their running game. This gives Cowboys fan hope little as it may be.

They said the same kinds of things about Dan Marino.
He never won a Super Bowl. Seldom got past the second round of the playoffs.
I wonder if Romo will be remembered the same way.

If he never wins a SB I think he will be remembered alot like Danny White-a pretty good qb just not good enough for whatever reasons

He hasnt been on many teams good enougth to make the playoffs
For every bad play he makes there are many more good plays
Look at all the times he gets his team in the lead in the fourth qtr and then the defense cant hold it and its back on the offense to score again
Hes always trying to make plays and he will make mistakes like all qbs
Just look at Peyton in the Superbowl last year
Brady against the Giants
With the game on the line there only a handful of qbs that I would take over Romo

Really? You'd be a fool to take a handful of QBs over Romo.
He has been to the playoffs 4 times. In 2006 he had 1 touchdown 2 sacks and 3 fumbles. In 2007 he had 1 touchdown 1 INT and 2 sacks. In 2009 in 2 games he had 2 touchdowns 1 INT 8 sacks and 3 fumbles.
Its a known fact if you pressure him sooner or later he will make a bad throw or he'll try to make something out of nothing(which he is good at) but more times than not he will get sacked hence all those sacks. Plus how do you fumble all those times?? You yourself said that turnovers usually determine who wins. 8 times in 2 games?
You need to take your fanboy glasses off and think objectively. Google image "Romo choke" and see all the pics people have created of this. Its not cuz they have nothing better to do but it just is true. Same holds for Peyton. Google image him and you'll see the same thing.
Brady may have lost 2 superbowls but it wasnt for the fumbles or sacks. It was NYG defense and opportune catches(helmet catch anyone?)

Which ones?

You cant go back 7or 8 years when Romo was just starting out and compare now to then
This is the only time he has had a good line and running game
It is just a shame that now he has a broken back and his time is likely short
There are alot of teams that would love to have him anyway

Brady
Rodgers
Peyton

In my opinion I'd take Brees, Rivers and Matt Ryan over Romo despite the bad seasons they are having

Originally Posted By: gfh77665
Romo, Manning and Rodgers are top 3 rated QB's, all within 1 point of each other.

Romo is several points ahead of Tom Brady, Flacco and Drew Brees.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr

Yeah, he's pathetic!

Manning, Rodgers, Flacco(he sucks), Brady all have some bling bling that Romo doesnt have
smile.gif
wink.gif

Its kinda like Peyton. Seattle had a great defense so everone was saying what is Peyton going to do to lose this game? How many INTs will he throw because his track record shows that he chokes in big games usually. Romo gets the same distinction. When the stage gets bigger all the analysts always bring up Romo's track record of choking in big games. Until he proves otherwise he'll always carry this monkey with him.

Brady
Rodgers
Peyton

Are you implying Romo is the fourth best QB in the league, or is the list incomplete?

I said with the game on the line like in the final 2minutes and needing a td
I would put him in the top 10 overall
I want to pull my hair out sometimes watching him but then he comes back
I used to do the same thing with Favre who until he finally won a SB got the same criticisms
But was fun to watch
I am not saying Romo is as good as Favre was - they just play similar

I'm a lifetime Cowboy fan. Grew up in Wi and took a lot of heat. In fact, I worked in Green Bay, when the rivalry was at its peak (mid to late 90s).

I despise Jerry Jones; don't know what else to say. An owner should know when to hand the day to day responsibilities over to those who specialize in that business.

Jerry knows traditional business, running an NFL team is not a traditional business. See Dan Snyder if you believe otherwise.

Its got to be tough to excel in a manner that ranks you in a virtual tie with two others at the tip top of your profession who are Hall of Fame shoe-ins, and still be blamed and criticized so much.

I have noticed for years people say "The Dallas Cowboys" when a win is recorded and "Tony Romo" when there happens to be a loss.

Originally Posted By: gfh77665
Romo, Manning and Rodgers are top 3 rated QB's, all within 1 point of each other.

Romo is several points ahead of Tom Brady, Flacco and Drew Brees.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr

Yeah, he's pathetic!

Manning, Rodgers, Flacco(he sucks), Brady all have some bling bling that Romo doesnt have
smile.gif
wink.gif

All he can do is perform HIS job. TR can't win a SB by himself. Did TR ever give up 38 points to an opponent? (see above)

His job is to not take sacks, fumble the ball or throw stupid INTs. He has a track record of doing all of the above in big games especially playoffs. Even the color commentators mention how he shouldnt have taken a sack or throw a ball thats intercepted.
How do you think he got the reputation of "the cowboys are not going to win anything as long as Romo is the qb"

His job is to not take sacks, fumble the ball or throw stupid INTs. He has a track record of doing all of the above in big games especially playoffs. Even the color commentators mention how he shouldnt have taken a sack or throw a ball thats intercepted.
How do you think he got the reputation of "the cowboys are not going to win anything as long as Romo is the qb"

If he does so bad, how did he generate his stellar QB rating?

I base nothing on "color commentating". They are so biased its pathetic. They will hype one QB to the skies, and trash another, while the 2nd QB has better production.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back