Curious for opinions: What would you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hospital has no more duty to ensure the safety of your personal property while you're waiting than a grocery store does in ensuring your wife's purse doesn't get lifted while she's shopping or an airline does while you're sleeping on a flight. The only exception would be is if there was an expressed duty (by the establishment) of some kind like a bailment situation/agreement.

I just confirmed with my credit union that my debit card has 100% protection against fraud activity. I imagine others do too, so this negative notion about debit cards is not always the case.

Regarding the hospital incident, I imagine the only positive thing to do is to discuss this with their "event team" so they are aware and maybe can at least try to make some positive changes to address the issue.

Originally Posted by doitmyself
I just confirmed with my credit union that my debit card has 100% protection against fraud activity. I imagine others do too, so this notion about debit cards needs to be cleared up.

Same here. Chase's fraud protection is one of the best I've ever encountered.

Originally Posted by Pew
I just confirmed with my credit union that my debit card has 100% protection against fraud activity. I imagine others do too, so this notion about debit cards needs to be cleared up.

Same here as well with my Citi debit card. Total and complete fraud protection.

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
Originally Posted by Pew

Same here as well with my Citi debit card. Total and complete fraud protection.

Same with my Capital One cards.

Story time:

Bought $100ish worth of goods online. Forgot about it. 6mo later remembered and never got it. Tried to contact vendor. Fail. C1 refunded it 100% within 24hrs.

Bought $1400 rifle scope. Vendor lied (didnt have it in stock, it was discontinued by Nightforce). Vendor strung me along 3wks, then ignored calls. C1 refunded it 100%.

C1 sucks in every way except fraud. On that they are epic good.,

Originally Posted by 14Accent

The question is this: how would you pursue this? I just can't shake the feeling that the hospital is liable here. The crime was committed on their property, under their watch, in what's supposed to be a secure area. How do you just not notice someone going through someone else's belongings? At the very least, I'd like a written apology and some better training, but that hardly fixes the problem. I have no idea what kind of outcome I'm looking for, really, so I'll throw it to the audience and see how everyone else feels.

I wouldn't blame the hospital, that is for sure. Secure area? I dont agree with you. Dont pass the buck, you carry a card with you, secure it.
If you cant secure it, leave the debit card at home and carry a credit card where you are not liable for unauthorized charges.
Many debit cards offer the same but have a "catch" if not reported right away.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back