Crossover/SUV Tires 2018 Sienna

I was going to use an XL rated tire next on our Sienna, but we traded it in.

We got 45k or so on continental true contact tourings. Factory size and pressures, properly aligned, rotated each oil change between 5-7k miles.

My wifes 2014 sienna has had generals for the last two runs and get 40+k miles out of them.

You might need to get your suspension, pressure gauge and or driving habits checked, i run at 35 psi and air them up when the light comes on. (~30psi).

no muss no fuss,

the other tire i used on the 07 sienna was the hancook optimo h767. they are noisier than the generals and stop a little worse but wear loke iron. they have a 100k mile warranty and i was getting 60 or so on the sienna.
Thanks for the insight. The Michelin Latitude winter tires are wearing just fine which rules out suspension and driving habits. Tire pressure is never below 36 PSI. I was running them at 40 but the van seemed unsettled on the interstate so it got bumped down to 38.

For anyone interested, it looks like the RT43s are going to get replaced in the next few weeks here. All 4 are down to 5/32nds with 11,500 miles on the tires as per my records. These tires did very poorly in terms of outside wear. However General decided to slope the outer edges did not pair well with the Pittsburgh winding roads and the weight of the Sienna. Odds are high the replacement tires will be Michelin CrossClimates.

Minivans eat tires. I have a 2013 Sienna and have tried Cooper CS5. Good for about 35k miles with 5k mile tire rotations (60k tire). I went with the Continental TrueContact last July. It's rated pretty high on Tire Rack and It seems to be popular with the Sienna crowd. Priced slightly higher than RT43 and CS5 but so far very happy with the tires. I have about 12k-15k miles on them and I run them at 35 psi. I don't like the ride when it gets much higher.

Good luck.

I really think that the Sienna(or any minivan) that is this heavy needs a better tire than even the really good rated passenger tires. Possibly a tire that you would normally put on an SUV of the same size/wgt.

I've had Michelin CrossClimate 2's on RX350 for about 8K. It's similar in weight to the Sienna. The tires look new, so, my expectation is that they will wear well. The RX rides and handles well with these tires. I don't think you need a truck/suv tire on your Sienna. I'm running mine at 36psi BTW.
Same. My wife's RX 350 destroyed the OEM tires by 22k miles and the CrossClimate 2 are holding up MUCH better.

I really think that the Sienna(or any minivan) that is this heavy needs a better tire than even the really good rated passenger tires. Possibly a tire that you would normally put on an SUV of the same size/wgt.
It is not weight (for it size, Sienna is actually light), it is weight distribution. Super heavy front eats tires. That is same with all minivans. Large engines (V6) that are sitting ahead of axle to gain space behind.

It is not weight (for it size, Sienna is actually light), it is weight distribution. Super heavy front eats tires. That is same with all minivans. Large engines (V6) that are sitting ahead of axle to gain space behind.
Not to mention you can turn the front wheels really tight which I’d venture contributes to the wear. Plus the FWD Siennas it’s very easy to spin the front tires.

Just to update everyone, we ended up getting some Michelin CrossClimate 2s in the factory 235/55R18 size. It makes the Sienna drive like a different car. Handling and stability are very much improved. We just took the Sienna on a 1000 mile road trip through heavy rain and the mountains of the turnpike and everything was great. Hopefully the Michelins wear better than the General Altimax RT43s did which made it 13k miles until they hit 4/32nds.

Back