Cross Climate 2 review

IMG_0136.jpg
IMG_0137.jpg
IMG_0138.jpg

IMG_0139.jpg

I had these Cross Climate 2's installed 2000 kms and one month ago, replacing a set of RT43's.
So time for a subjective review..
These deliver a very quiet and plush ride. The improvement is really noticeable on the Accord.
There is a bit of 'hiss' on a smooth highway surface, but it's not objectionable. The biggest
reduction in noise level is on coarse or rough pavement surfaces.
Steering is light and direct, with no on centre mushiness. Straight line tracking on the highway
is very good too, even in strong cross winds.
We have had some recent snow and icy roads. I would rate snow traction as excellent, with ice
traction as good or very good.
These are priced higher than their competitors, but my opinion so far is that they are worth the
extra $. Hopefully I'll still be impressed with them as they wear over the next few years, and be
able to get the full tread wear rated mileage out of them without becoming dissatisfied with noise
or winter traction.

Last edited:
Just put these on my wife's 2019 RX 350 and while only on for about 500 miles so far very impressed. I agree with all of your comments. Her suspension is very stiff and jittery (especially for a Lexus) and the OEM tires where very stiff and these add a bit of cushion. These feel very well planted at all times and perform well during spirited corning too. On the highway they're butter smooth. Lets see if they last longer that the OEM tires which only made it 25K miles in spite of the fact my wife drives like an old women.

Last edited:
I've decided on these as well, the General 365AW is interesting but they are just too new for much consumer feedback. According to Michelin these will remain effective in inclement weather even when worn (within reason) it will be interesting to see how that pans out in real life.

Just put these on my wife's 2019 RX 350 and while only on for about 500 miles so far very impressed. I agree with all of your comments. Her suspension is very stiff and jittery (especially for a Lexus) and the OEM tires where very stiff and these add a bit of cushion. These feel very well planted at all times and perform well during spirited corning too. On the highway they're butter smooth. Lets see if they last longer that the OEM tires which only made it 25K miles in spite of the fact my wife drives like an old women.
Toyota as of late has eco biased tires on a lot of their models. The tires that came on the new Venza are the second lowest rated tire in the Tire Rack surveys. Many people are reporting 25K ave before they are useless. Unless there is a new latest and greatest there is a set of these in my future.

Toyota as of late has eco biased tires on a lot of their models. The tires that came on the new Venza are the second lowest rated tire in the Tire Rack surveys. Many people are reporting 25K ave before they are useless. Unless there is a new latest and greatest there is a set of these in my future.
Been doing that for a while then. My '11 ate a set in 30k, then the replacement set (from the dealer) in 30k too. Went to RT43 and was getting 40k before I'd hit 4/32's. Waiting to see on the '21, wife says the tires are ok, but they are half worn at 18k (no surprise) and I'm not sure what I'll replace with (wife now has an mpg readout and I'm sure I'll be in the doghouse if I pick the wrong tire).

Time and miles will tell... Most tires are pretty good when new, the real test will be after a few years and the tread is 1/2 worn. I have to make sure to do those tire rotations on schedule.

So true, very hard to find on line long term consumer reviews. Tons of "I just got these yesterday and they are great" which is kinda useless. A new set of Douglas would seem like a huge upgrade over the worn out tires they replaced.

Been doing that for a while then. My '11 ate a set in 30k, then the replacement set (from the dealer) in 30k too. Went to RT43 and was getting 40k before I'd hit 4/32's. Waiting to see on the '21, wife says the tires are ok, but they are half worn at 18k (no surprise) and I'm not sure what I'll replace with (wife now has an mpg readout and I'm sure I'll be in the doghouse if I pick the wrong tire).
Usually see a 10-15% decline in mpg with the crossclimate2’s.

Usually see a 10-15% decline in mpg with the crossclimate2’s.
Agree on the mileage drop. Put CC2 on my Forester 9/30/21 and have about 4000 miles on them now.

I went from about 34 MPG down to 30 MPG. Love them otherwise and they seem to really grip the road well.
Have not had a bad snowfall yet. Got about 1" of snow along with ice Friday night. Not much of a test, but they never lost traction.

I'll be very interested in the long term review of these tires. I was looking at these when I was putting a set on my wife's car here recently but decided on Continentals instead. The aggressive tread pattern had me concerned as a lot of the reviews were based on tires that were still fairly new.

I bought a car that had these tires on. Compared to real nordic winter tires (like what is mandatory where I live), these tires would be not far from equal to a summer tire on real winter conditions. Actually these tires followed with the car as summer tire option... I'm sure these tires are safely usable when there is no snow or ice.

Do Michelin, Goodyear, Hankook sell their all season tires with 3MPSF symbol in Sweden?
I would think they are good enough for Gothenburg, Malmø or Stockholm.

Krzyś

I have been intrigued by these tires with their glowing reviews and the interesting tread pattern - one of my neighbors has these on his Elantra and that tread is very aggressive looking.

Don't know if I will do them on the E-Golf because of concerns with rolling resistance and loss of range. Thinking they might be a good fit for the TDI though, the Hankook's on that car are down to about 4/32's so its getting to be that time to start shopping replacements.

I bought a car that had these tires on. Compared to real nordic winter tires (like what is mandatory where I live), these tires would be not far from equal to a summer tire on real winter conditions. Actually these tires followed with the car as summer tire option... I'm sure these tires are safely usable when there is no snow or ice.
You should've seen the OEM tires. With 3 miles on them the tread depth was suspect and the tires were so bad in the snow my wife refused to drive the car new with any snow fall. We had an inch or two the other day and took her car out and the traction was GREATLY improved.

Do Michelin, Goodyear, Hankook sell their all season tires with 3MPSF symbol in Sweden?
I would think they are good enough for Gothenburg, Malmø or Stockholm.

Yes, of course. Without the 3MPSF symbol it would be useless as an all-season
at least for a European kind of conception. Sweden is a bit special, in particular
northern Sweden, but most European who run A/S use to use them year-round.

Agree on the mileage drop. Put CC2 on my Forester 9/30/21 and have about 4000 miles on them now.

I went from about 34 MPG down to 30 MPG. Love them otherwise and they seem to really grip the road well.
Have not had a bad snowfall yet. Got about 1" of snow along with ice Friday night. Not much of a test, but they never lost traction.
That’s a huge drop, I only lost about 1 mpg when I made the switch on my 2018 Rav4. I have had mine for about 1k and they have been rock solid but no real snow experience with them yet either…

My dad wants to get these for the 2017 Camry. They sure are ugly looking from the side though especially on a car. The only complaint I’ve heard is gravel getting stuck in the treads and being noisy and it doesn’t come out like it would with normal tires you have to pry it out with like a screwdriver. Other than that I haven’t heard any complaints. We still can’t get any Michelin tires in a timely manner at work though still estimating 6-10 weeks minimum. According to ATD is there is not many in the country right now.

My dad wants to get these for the 2017 Camry. They sure are ugly looking from the side though especially on a car. The only complaint I’ve heard is gravel getting stuck in the treads and being noisy and it doesn’t come out like it would with normal tires you have to pry it out with like a screwdriver. Other than that I haven’t heard any complaints. We still can’t get any Michelin tires in a timely manner at work though still estimating 6-10 weeks minimum. According to ATD is there is not many in the country right now.
ATD is not the only tire distributor, ya know.

Back